Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one tell me how to gain access to the third brake light on a 2008 (58) Captiva, its the rear wash i actually want to explore as there is no water coming out. I have traced the hose to the side panelling behind driver and there is feed up to there.
Thanks in advance

Laurie

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes i would check the joint as mine kept coming off so i put a couple of cable ties round it now and it seems to of held fingers crossed.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Agree with the other.. try the joint first, as mine have come off there several times... Fingers crossed seems to be OK since last fix...

As for how to access the High Level Brake Light, you need to be flexible....

Open the tailgate. Inside the tailgate (at the top) you will see 4 nuts. Remove them one at a time. They will then expose 4 "threads". These threads are attached to the rear spoiler, which the high level brake light is in. Now the flexible bit.. You need to lower the tailgate, so you can gently lever out the rear spoiler. Do this by gently tugging one side, then the other, back to the other, etc, as you want it to come out at straight as possible, to avoid scratching the body. When free, there is a cable connection and a pipe (rear washer). So be careful disconnecting these, so you know how they go back on.

If you can get someone to help, ie. hold pieces it helps.

BUT I bet the pipe has come loose in the rear quarter as stated by others, as I went through the exercise you are discussing (high level brake light) first time it happened to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys thanks for the replies. I have had this problem before and it was the joint in the rear quarter panel. However the pipe was intact, and when I took the joint off there was water shooting out when I pressed the button. The odd thing is if it's getting to that point it can only be between there and the nozzle. There is no water dripping down so maybe a blockage. But then I would have thought the pipe would of come off at the joint.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The pipe will come off the joint when the pressure build up enough, but if it is dribbling then there is not enough pressure to disconnect the pipe (yet).

Also dont forget the "nozzle" at the end is a ball joint. If you put a pin in you can clean any gunk that may have built up. You can also twist the pin to adjust the direction of the jet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts