Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking into buying a new 2011 reg Chevy Spark. love the design, has everything I want/ need in a car but, many people are telling me not to get one due to spare parts being murder to track and buy. Is this true?

I will be honest, I love the car, but don't want to get a car which will cost loads of money to replace a bulb or to buy a simple oil filter when doing a service on it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

James

·
Registered
380 Posts
First of all, i suggest you go through the forum here to see what people say about spark ownership. I assume for the age of the car you are buying from a dealership, well check online, some dealers have cracking deals on new or pr-reg cars and you will get the full 5 year warranty, so don't be afraid of that. get it serviced at your dealer, you can always provide your own oil, equivalent, but my chevrolet dealer is happy for me to provide my own oil. All cars will have a niggle, some less than others. if you look in the handbook, (any reasonable dealer will allow you to) it will give bulb changing instructions. Parts can be got from your dealer, some will give you a discount if you are a member of this forum, or get bits from barry at cresser, (redditch) e-mail him a postage label from collect+ and he will drop it off at his collection point and you can collect it from yours, usually a local newsagents, it works, i have done it! Remember if you buy new you can get the servicing package for 3 years for £349, which is a good deal. look at the epica forum for my thoughts on my car!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi James

I own a 2010 Chevrolet Spark LT its done 38K miles, I honestly have never had any problems getting parts in fact i recently upgraded my headlight bulbs, Oil filters are standard GM parts same with most service items so most Vauxhall dealers have the chevy bits too. honestly had nothing go wrong with my car its a great runner and like a go kart to drive.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts