Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was wondering if I want to sell my car if I would be better selling it private of part exchange I have a aveo rs turbo. Tia for your comments

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
Paula, Strangely it might well depend where you live (which you didnt complete in your original sign up).
I am guessing you mean or part exchange. If you live in a built up cosmopolitan area where 'hot hatches' blight the city at night you may find an RS enthusiast who will buy it. You have to bear in mind that with Chevrolet ceasing to trade in the UK since 2015 the brand has a depressed value. The other consideration which will have a serious bearing is, which brand/model are you considering purchasing and do you mean part exchange for a new vehicle or a pre-used? Some dealers have some serious deals on currently because sales are down.
The answer is to do your 'homework' locally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou the car I have is limited edition there is only 9 in the uk.

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
Being 'rare' is not necessarily a 'value additive'. Unfortunately an even greater possible negative because a buyer will have to consider the cost and difficulty of parts differing from a run of the mill model.
It may sound I'm being devils advocate but these are the realities of the model you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I thought that thanks. Touch wood not had to have anything done to it. So I'll probably keep it.

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
You can of course advertise it on this Forum in the 'For Sale' sub Forum to test the water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'll keep it for now. It's only done 32.000 miles and not a scratch or dent in it. I might think about it next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts