Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, not had any problems with my 60 plate LTZ to any great degree. Noticed the plastic end cover on the pull out part of the boot cover was broken, so had that replaced on warranty just after I had it in February and just had a driver seat runner replaced due to a "judder" in the middle of the track.
My main gripe is on the inconsistencies of the manual. First problem was trying to save the present location on the built in satnav. Tried and failed miserably, manual had me scratching my head so went back to service dept and asked one of them.
On my Garmin Nuvi 1370T, no problem, touch screen icon/save location, input name and press ok.
On my Captiva, on NAV screen, press main menu/settings/address book/Add/Map/OK. This gives a screen with the present coordinates as the name, which have to be deleted one at a time (25 digits) before you can input the name. I find this unbelievably complex for such a simple operation. I have also noticed that the map screen gives the coordinates as North and East when it should be West. If I look on the satellite screen it shows the correct N and W, weird or what.
Recently wanted to change the tone of the radio. Looked in Manual, says "press AUDIO", no audio button to press. Had to play with it a bit till I found it by pressing and holding the "MENU/SOUND" button.

Hope nothing else needs working on.

On the plus side, I love my Captiva (had a Sorento before), getting 30mpg round town and best figure of 41.2 touring.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Get an LT and stick with your Garmin!
Mind you very impressive mpg figures, i get nowhere near those.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Barry,
Hi and welcome to the forum. Is your fuel consumption by calculation from fill to fill,or by the trip?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The figures are off the trip computer. The journey was from Solihull to Newcastle Emlyn by Cardigan. Route was M42/M5/M50 to Carmarthen and then A484. A friend told me that engines are happiest and most efficient around 2000 revs, so I did my best to keep it at that in each gear. I try to do the same round town which varies from 27-30. Gearbox is manual and the only extras are 20" alloys and sidebars (factory fitted).

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would do a fill to fill calculation- I suspect that you may be in for a shock, as most fo the trips are between fairly and wildly optomistic!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for "bursting my bubble"
, I'll give it a try and report back.One thing I do know is that it's a lot better than my @06 Sorento was.
A full tank 80 Ltrs would not get us to Newcastle Emlyn, potter around for a couple of days visiting the wife's relatives and the trip back home.
The Captiva does it with some to spare on a 60 Ltr tank, so in that respect I'm quite happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts