Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well that is nice to know and long may it continue, I was originally going to buy a Land Rover , looking at the scores on the doors I am so glad I went for the Captiva instead. I do have a question for you in your professional capacity. My LHS Mirror Indicator repeater lens has cracked, most probably a stone as usual, is that a part that is easy to replace or is it a case of having to put it into the dealer to get fixed, it is only the clear plastic part that is cracked the mirror surround is fine. My car is a 10 plate Captiva LTZ. Any indication of cost would also be welcome as a ballpark figure.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rafman i will find out for you but i am still at Mercedes until the 6th June, got lots to sort between now and then, i would be suprised if they are not suppledseparately to the cover, although Mercedes ahve gone that way now

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for that, I had a Mercedes before the Chevvy A C220 CDI estate which was a great car, it was the Avantgarde SE model which was quite low with sports suspension and SWMBO and I were having trouble getting in and out of it, legacy of bad backs and knees. So much better now, just slide in and out which is fantastic, still miss the merc though. I am not in a hurry for the info and will most probably PM you after June once you have had time to sort yourself out. Good luck in the new role.

Regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
They are seperate to the cover and easy to replace,remove mirror glass and you will see the fixings.price from dealers approx £80 [ouch]................

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's great news and it makes a big difference on insurance premiums. Just insured my brand new Captiva for less than £300 including protected no claims and 3 drivers. Bargain.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The chart reliability index would that be the UK or the American Chevy, as the Daewoo is way down the list and chevy is just a re-badged Daewoo.

It is good if it is I have just bought a chevrolet orlando

·
Registered
29 Posts
I still find it amazing that people still think that the latest models are still Daewoos, yes they were when Chevvy took them over and they rebadged the entire Daewoo range on the production line at that time, however, the cars may still be coming from the old Daewoo factory but the designs are from the Chevvy designers and the whole range has changed since the Daewoo days.

·
Registered
380 Posts
nice to know. my epica has performed very well, now surprisingly done 12000 miles in 8 months, car has been economical, returning good average mpg overall. Yes, had some gripes previously with dealer service and delivery problems, but overall very very satisfied. Dea;er service much improved here in s wales.

·
Registered
82 Posts
might that be the chevy designers who designed a tow bar that is the wrong height, that are designing the new chevy range ofcars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thats good news after replacing my Honda HRV at 10 years old which was so reliable. The captiva looks better externally than the Vauxhall Antara.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Think you are all missing the point here....
The figures have been taken from Warranty Direct claims,in order to calculate reliabilty.

If WarrantyDirect have only sold extended warranties to 10 Chevrolet owners, but 10,000 Toyota owners, then it goes to reason that the number of claims on Toyotas will exceed that of Chevy.

Ok, my example figures is a bit one way. But knowing that Warranty Direct quoted me nearly £500 per year to provide an extended Warranty on my Captiva, and knowing that most of the car was excluded from that Warranty, I'm not surprised that they sell less Chevy warranties, hence get less claims... thus Chevvy are the top of the tree in their stats.

Saying this. I'm happy with my Captiva, just hope it proves to be reliable... be very happy then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts