Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if this when used with a 13 to 7 pin adapter be all the wiring that's needed for a towbar??
Captiva Tow Bar - 13 Pin Wiring Kit
DEC96844187
Excl. Tax: £32.17
Incl. Tax: £38.60
Qty:Add to Cart
Add to Wishlist
Add to Compare
Details
Captiva Tow Bar.

13 pin Wiring Kit for Vehicles Prepared Connector (V92).

The Chevrolet Captiva Tow Bar Wiring Kit is Specially Designed for the Captiva Tow Bar.

Genuine Chevrolet Captiva Tow Bar.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi the price youve quoted seems to be tocheap for the full kit ,they are around £120 for the 13pin.if you ring towequipe on 08717891502 he will tell you what you need.If your fitting a detachable bar ask for a price on a bosal because you dont need to cut the bumper and when removed there is no sign of a towbar being fitted.hope this helps

·
Registered
70 Posts
I only paid £40 for my 13 pin adapter kit.

On my Captiva there is a connector block under the car (drivers side I think) near the spare wheel.

So you just need the special cable that plugs into that and then gives you the 13 pin socket on the other end.

Lots of places told me that I needed to spend 100-200 for this as I needed a special box and other stuff. But that was all rubbish as the Captiva has it all built in already!

Only downside with the simple kit is that it doesn't turn off parking sensors but even most of the expensive kits don't do that either. If that is a real problem to you then just fit a switch in the dash to disable the parking sensor sounder, pretty sure there is a forum thread telling you how on here as well.

I fitted aChevrolet Captiva 2007 - Westfalia Detachable tow bar and it needed a minimal amount of cutting of the bumper plastic (a 5 to 15mm arc), a little care and you cant even see it.

The adapter kit that I used was:

http://img2.kupplung.de/mall/1/files/samples/cr0132_v1.pdf

the 7-pin one was:
http://img2.kupplung.de/mall/1/files/samples/cr0133_v1.pdf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jester did you get this in the UK?
As the parts numbers on the PDF do not come up in UK
cheers for the info though found the plug straight away
Hopefully going to save a bundle

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got my cable from Germany but they don't seem to sell it any more.

Glad to help, I spent a fair amount of time figuring out the toolbar solution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've contacted ECS direct to see if they
can help .Will post results as if may help others
Thanks again Jester

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
1st ever post, 2010 Captiva LTZ... I will befitting a Bosal Tow Bar (043 231)and cannot find the harness connector on the car. Before I start stripping down etc can anybody advise on the actual location of the car connector. Also I believe I just need the short harness from this illusive car connector to the tow bar? part number DEC 96844187 if anybody can advise....

I am told by Chevrolet that my car is "RPO codeV92 with trailer provision".

Best Regards....

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Neil. Have a look under the rear offside chassis member where the spare wheel normally goes (if you have one). Put a bit of old carpet or cardboard on the ground and slide under - but not while on jack!! There should be a blanked off loom end. This has the harness connections you need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you...finally managed to get myself under the car at the weekend, and yes I spotted the Loom Connector straight away just to the right of the spare wheel on the chasis. I will purchase the Loom to Tow Electrics harness (DEC 96844187) now, hopefully its just a plug and play ?
Regards...

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Neil, pleased to be of help, guess it saved a lot of searching. I notice on my extended loom to the socket, the yellowish/orange wire was cut at the joining plug/socket sealed and bound off by the dealer. Unsure what this link is/was for. Hopefully your link extender will be as you say 'plug and play'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Just picked up our LT today, want to fit towbar, where can this loom extension (DEC96844187) be purchased? I've checked ours has this socket under RHS.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
CK welcome to forum. This part number is a genuine Chevy item so get it from your dealer or go on line (follow this link) :-http://www.chevrolet-accessories.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=DEC96844187 price is £38.60 inc vat. Which tow bar do you intend using? Some come complete with wiring kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for info, saved alot of time seaching web etc., was thinkingoffitting bosal detachable as mentioned in previous treads & use chevy wiring loom.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I have purchased the dedicated electrics for my captiva DEC96844187, but i cannot get my indicators to work on the trailer, caravan or lighting board, the indicators on the car flash normal for 3-4 times and then they flash really quick, everything else seems to work apart from the indicators, i have checked all pin outs, any ideas.
Do i have to insert a relay anywhere, or check fuses or do i have to take it to a dealer for something to be turned on, i am really confused, the icon on the dashboard indicates a trailer as well. Captiva 59 plate with trailer prep socket

thanks
Edited by: marty20

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Marty, I think the answer is the dealer visit. I read somewhere (cant find at moment) that the dealer has to programme the onboard computer for recognition of function. Give your dealer a ring to check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Thanks for the reply, I have called the dealer and they said it should be just plug and play, no setup is required?.
The following works
Brake lights
Side lights
Perm Live
the reversing sensors are also disabled when hitched up and the icon comes up on the dashboard to say a trailer is attached.
its just the indicators don't work?.
Thanks

Edited by: marty20

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Erm......got me beat just at the moment
!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Has the 13-pin socket that's connected to the car been wired up correctly?

If everything else works, then I'd be checking the wiring inside the 13-pin socket.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts