Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi SurferI have an Orlando LTZ and I have had fitted by the dealer a tow bar to tow my caravan, it is a westfalia, the first time I connected my caravan I found the tow bar to be too high, I contacted chevy customer service and was told they do not send out technical info as we would not understand it. I then got onto the dealer who put me on to technical, after a few weeks I was told that the tow bar is correct to EC rules and regulations and I had pages of specs sent to me. In other words they could do no more and must bow down to the EU.

I got onto westfalia and they said it was correct, Now I have picture evidence that shows the height of the ball at 520 and pictures of me hooked up and fully loaded with the rear end almost on the floor. But EC rules say it is correct when it clearly is not. Chevy will do no more and westfalia say there is no problem, in the meantime I am driving around with an unstable outfit.

Make what you like out of this but I am not happy with the situation and I am left high and dry.
Buy one at your own risk, or better still buy one and then two of us can fight together

·
Registered
30 Posts
Make your Chevrolet your very own with a huge range of accessories designed specifically for your vehicle.<br style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; ">To personalize your drive, browse through the gallery below.<br style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; ">Have a particular accessory in mind? Use the filter to quickly narrow down your options and find what best fits your needs and style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts