Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Captiva is about to be traded in after 2 1/2 years of ownership- time for pastures new!.
I am shortly going to be selling 4 original LTX 18" wheels (in graphite grey) with nearly new winter tyres (marangoni meteos, really excellent). Any one interested, they'll be £300 and will need to be collected or a courier arranged to collect.

Here's how they look;

I also have 2 other 18" wheels in standard silver, no tyres for sale in good condtiton, a used DPF (mine was removed) in good working order, a new rear wiper blade, a rear wheel bearing, test fitted but new, complete with abs sensor (issue was a drive shaft joint, not the bearing as originally diagnosed. so was removed and original reinstalled), and a set of original Chevy mats for a 7 seater (no boot mat), a full set of aftermarket rubber mats (inc boot mat, in very good condition) again used but in really good condition with all fixings, 2 rear anti roll bar drop links, BNIP,(bought as a kit with 2 fronts that have already been fitted to my car) for sale.
I may also have some other bits that I've forgotten which I'll post if and when I come across them.
PM me if interested in any of the above.

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've traded it in for an 11 plateRenault Grand scenile, I mean Scenic, 1.9dci Dynamic Tomtom. It'll be nice only to fill up once a week! parrt of my reasoning was that i think it's at the top of the value cliff and traded it while it was still worth something, plus I've started to have niggling issues with it and the renault still has 18mths warranty on it.
I'll still be hanging around here though...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just remembered, I have a set of LT/LTX lower front bumper grills that I removed from mine to replace it with the chrome embelished LTZ grills, so they're available too!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, wheels and winter tyres/rear wiper/ rear drop links have all gone.
Have however found a full set of brake pads (fronts are genuine chevy, rears are mintex)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot I had them, literally fell over them in the garage!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought them new from a dealer on fleabayas shop soiled (They had some minor marks etc on them when they came)and refurbed them to graphite colour myself. If you want to do your own wheels,there is a thread on the renault owners site which is very good. I'll post the link tomorrow from work (don't appear to have it on myhome PC).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can't believe your leaving us!! But I've had a scenic before (not the grand scenic) and I did love it. Only got rid as we needed a 7 seater. Got a Peugeot 807 (ugh!) hence replacing it for my captiva.
Hope it runs well for you!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers mate. The captiva seems to be trying to tell me something. £480 earlier this week to sort the abs issue (2 rear sensors and £10k/min in labour). Cleared it out tonight for trade tomorrow and the bloody parking sensors are showing a fault.
I thoughtI might be sad to see it go, butI feel a bit John Cleese/ Morris 1000 in Clockwise just at the moment......

And I'll still be around.....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not gone yet- garage just called to say they have founsd a fault while servicing it- may be Mondaybefore it can be collected-

·
Registered
652 Posts
Good luck with the new motor...

Just bought a Clio Dynamic TomTom (new, well pre-reg in Dec 12, but £4k off new price) for the wife. Loads of kit on it...
Wish I'd seen this earlier, would have had the wheels & winter tyres... mind you getting them to South Wales may have been awkward.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They're actually going to Devon- the chap managed to find carriage for £33 for the set of 4 which is brilliant from Central Scotland. Garage just called to say it's the clutch switch for the cruise control, can pick up next week!
My Grand Scenic is a Dynamic Tomtom too, a 1.9dci. Pics to follow....
The parking sensor issue seems to have resolved too- might have done something removing muy phone kit I think. All yellow lights on dash are now off! Phew!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Big Iain,

wee bit of help and advice .

Ihave a Landrover Discovery 1 which I Love.

My daughter has a Captiva LT and stays outside Aberdeen. Has fitted winter tyres to her original wheels.

We thought we would surprise her with a set of wheels for keeping her winter tyres on, and make it easy just to swop twice a year.

First thoughts were steel wheels, but cannot get any for the size. So please advise, do I have to buy a set of say, cheap alloys for winter use. And could you please say which size of wheel I really need, specification says 7.0J x 17.

look forward to your reply.

thank you in advance

Jim A.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi Jim, Welcome to forum. I expect BigIain will reply with suggestions but I would think his reply may well 'work backwards' which is what I would do. As the winter tyres are already purchased it would be useful to know the size & profile of those tyres so as to suggest the correct wheel rim size & diameter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks AUSSIE ED
Problem is we are doing this as a surprise birthday present. My daughter stays 200 miles from us and has the winter tyres already fitted to her original wheels.

too used to older landrovers , thats why i need some help.

cheers

Jim A

1 - 20 of 26 Posts