Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cute turbo charger problem in captiva 2L diesel engine where by the turbo does not function properly (ie : it lacks the pull) until I switch off the engine and restart it even whilst moving before I feel the turbo functioning & engine responding as it should do ! Please could you please throw some light on this,I need to resolve this issue? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
Cute turbo charger problem in captiva 2L diesel engine where by the turbo does not function properly (ie : it lacks the pull) until I switch off the engine and restart it even whilst moving before I feel the turbo functioning & engine responding as it should do ! Please could you please throw some light on this,I need to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Sam, You dont provide any Diagnostic codes which might be helpful.
What have you checked by way of basic owner investigation ie checked lose connectors, damaged wire(s), Turbo hose split (common problem).
Have you read any of the existing discussions on this Forum concerning Turbo issues. There are over 400 existing entries / discussions on Turbo problems.
Search results for query: Turbo

What has your local mechanic said about the problem?

Your Sign-Up is incomplete. Your World location has not been completed (The Forum System believes you may be in Algeria??)
Other than stating you have a 2.0L Captiva we know nothing else as you left this section blank also.

The following link will provide you with Guidance on using the Forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
don't laugh but i had a similar problem with lack of power and 299 under boost code as well , it was a block fuel filter , changed the filter full power

·
Super Moderator
7,451 Posts
don't laugh but i had a similar problem with lack of power and 299 under boost code as well , it was a block fuel filter , changed the filter full power
Useful info/reminder Davo. I'll make no comment about timely vehicle maintenance.

Dont forget to complete your Sign-Up location and vehicle details in the sections provided.

Helpful info here :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts