Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON 24 NOV my GARAGE disconected he battery to fit a replacement pulley which required the removal of the alternator. On return the engine malfunction indicator light remained on.\the car was returned on Nov 29th when a further diagnostic was carried out and the fault code UO 100 indicated " no communication with engine control module, wont clear - fuses checked OK - removed engine control unit wiring plugs and applied contact cleaner - cleared fault codes and road tested" . However, within a couple of days the malfunction light re-appeared. I have tried switching the ignition on and off three times also without success.
Secondary problem, on 2nd december the diesel particle filter light came on. I added 200ml of STP diesel particulate cleaner to the fuel tank and drove the car for 45 minutes on a by pass and although the light went out for a short time it has remained flashing. Should a further 200ml be added to rectify this problem ? I have also contacted what used to be the main agent for Chevrolet where the car used to be serviced and am advised that the Orlando software is no longer available. Three original main agents in fact were contacted in total and all came up with the same answer. Any assistance with the above problems would be most helpful please., as currently the car is not usable. thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Redders, It is not clear which pulley was replaced but if it was a pulley related to the engine crank then I'm wondering if the pulley was replaced with the engine timing slightly shifted out of synchronisation.

Your second reported issue is a separate Topic. You will find lots of previous discussion topics on DPF in both the Orlando and (lots) in the Captiva Forums. However the quick likely answer is that whilst the vehicle is in 'Error' state the normal automatic DPF cleaning function will not take place. So, I think this second problem will be resolved once the number one problem is resolved.

As a new forum Member the following link has helpful information in completing your Sign-Up ie World location and Vehicle data sections.
How to use the Forum Advanced function is also a useful resource.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redders, It is not clear which pulley was replaced but if it was a pulley related to the engine crank then I'm wondering if the pulley was replaced with the engine timing slightly shifted out of synchronisation.

Your second reported issue is a separate Topic. You will find lots of previous discussion topics on DPF in both the Orlando and (lots) in the Captiva Forums. However the quick likely answer is that whilst the vehicle is in 'Error' state the normal automatic DPF cleaning function will not take place. So, I think this second problem will be resolved once the number one problem is resolved.

As a new forum Member the following link has helpful information in completing your Sign-Up ie World location and Vehicle data sections.
How to use the Forum Advanced function is also a useful resource.
Thanks for your help. The garage invoice states under Work Description " Alternator pulley required, causing tensioner to vibrate" and under Labour "removed alternator to replace pulley". so your comments are very helpful. The person who did the work is away until 15th December but I will contact him as soon as he is back. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have now checked with the Garage & they confirm that the pulley replaced was a tension pulley not related to the engine crank. Currently I am not able to use the car as both the Engine Malfunction light together with the Diesel Particulate light remain on and the engine regularly stalls.
Has anyone any further suggestions as to how to correct this situation please? Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Further suggestion ...................... Codes , Codes, Codes !! Diagnostic codes are VITAL other wise any replies are pure guesswork!
Lack of diagnostic codes is like visiting your doctor and not having your blood pressure or temperature checked !
You'll probably need to have a 'Forced Regeneration' to clear the DPF which by the sound of it has thrown the vehicle into protection mode.
Might possibly be defective sensor on DPF. The Captiva Forum has dozens and dozens of posts on DPF.

How to use the Forum Advanced Search facility and how to complete your Sign-Up is explained in the following link (second time info).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for your last comments. Fault Codes PO103.00Mass air flow circuit high & PO111.00 Intake temperature performance. Air mass meter replaced. Cleared fault codes. DPF light cleared itself & all is working well. Thank you again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts