Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, have a 2010 Camaro I want to register in the uk, but the DVLA want a type approval cert as the US title has only the year, not the month of manufacture. Type approval is required for all vehicles 10 years old or newer. It was made in april 2010 but the title does not say that, just the year. Anyone help?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Have you not put it through SVA?
Will the DVLA not accept a VIN lookup or other registration documents, I'm assuming you are wanting to avoid the cost and bother of SVA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The DVLA says its not 10 years old, regardless of when in 2010 it was made, that's the most stupid answer to a question I ever heard. April 2010 to November 2020 is 10 years and 7 months old. Ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
6,794 Posts
AA, This Forum is not in a position to argue the issue on your behalf. The response you've been given does never the less sound illogical.
The situation remains that It was your responsibility to establish the import protocols prior to importation. The firm I've listed in discussion item #3 maybe be able to pursue this for you.

As a new Forum Member the following link has useful information about the Forum such as completing your location and vehicle details.

Good Luck with DVLA.

·
Super Moderator
6,794 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts