Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Hi Jester, What do you have on currently and are you happy with grip, performance etc Next question where are you in UK - do you have harsh weather ie Scotland. What is you main use ie Highway only, any off road terraine? Ask yourself if you need All Weather and/or All terraine. Once you have narrowed down the answers - consult your wallet or bank balance!
ps: what size by the way 17" 19" ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunlop 270 on the back

General UHP (I assume these are the grabbers previously mentioned) on the front

235 55 R18 100H

I am not a novice to cars and tyres, but I am new to the world of more than 2WD.

Obviously non-matched aint ideal. (Just how it came)

When it had its service it was noted that rears were getting low , and they put the General's on the front down as 'economy' tyres. So really gauging what people think works well on this car. In myexperiencedealers jhave $%$£% all clue about tyres.

I think we all get harsh weather in the UK these days!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have just change my tyres when i first bought it there were dounlop sp270 on it they did about 25000 miles i took a bit of advice and put hankook venture st on these have just done 58000 miles before changing and they are not a bad price if you shop around 129 per tyre run them at about 35psi keeps the centure down and saves sholder wear

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a rear offside puncture after 4 months from new, and a replacement Hankook wasn't available at the place where Igo for tyres.
The guy came up with a Falken ZE912 for £116, a mid range tyre (same as the Hankook) but as far as i'm concerned a much better looking tyre than the Hankook.

·
Registered
997 Posts
jonnybgood said:
I had a rear offside puncture after 4 months from new, and a replacement Hankook wasn't available at the place where Igo for tyres.
The guy came up with a Falken ZE912 for £116, a mid range tyre (same as the Hankook) but as far as i'm concerned a much better looking tyre than the Hankook.
I used nothing else on my old Laguna and found them to be very grippy, fairly priced and long lasting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.