Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
replaced mine last november with General Grabbers, they are an american tyre which is really popular on SUVs accross the pond. Found them really good and real hard wearing.

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Hi Jester, What do you have on currently and are you happy with grip, performance etc Next question where are you in UK - do you have harsh weather ie Scotland. What is you main use ie Highway only, any off road terraine? Ask yourself if you need All Weather and/or All terraine. Once you have narrowed down the answers - consult your wallet or bank balance!
ps: what size by the way 17" 19" ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunlop 270 on the back

General UHP (I assume these are the grabbers previously mentioned) on the front

235 55 R18 100H

I am not a novice to cars and tyres, but I am new to the world of more than 2WD.

Obviously non-matched aint ideal. (Just how it came)

When it had its service it was noted that rears were getting low , and they put the General's on the front down as 'economy' tyres. So really gauging what people think works well on this car. In myexperiencedealers jhave $%$£% all clue about tyres.

I think we all get harsh weather in the UK these days!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have just change my tyres when i first bought it there were dounlop sp270 on it they did about 25000 miles i took a bit of advice and put hankook venture st on these have just done 58000 miles before changing and they are not a bad price if you shop around 129 per tyre run them at about 35psi keeps the centure down and saves sholder wear

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a rear offside puncture after 4 months from new, and a replacement Hankook wasn't available at the place where Igo for tyres.
The guy came up with a Falken ZE912 for £116, a mid range tyre (same as the Hankook) but as far as i'm concerned a much better looking tyre than the Hankook.

·
Registered
997 Posts
jonnybgood said:
I had a rear offside puncture after 4 months from new, and a replacement Hankook wasn't available at the place where Igo for tyres.
The guy came up with a Falken ZE912 for £116, a mid range tyre (same as the Hankook) but as far as i'm concerned a much better looking tyre than the Hankook.
I used nothing else on my old Laguna and found them to be very grippy, fairly priced and long lasting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts