Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi AllJust to let anyone who is thinking of buying a Cruze DONT BOTHER! Chevrolet have had my car for 4 days and cant find out why3 faults won't clear???????????????
I have been told that the garages these days they only have fitters and not mechanics but even Chevrolet UK seem stumped.
Good car but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh rubbish service. I would have thought following the codes lead you to the faulty components? Any manufacturer with any common sense would have a system like that wouldn't they? I even suggested they try unplugging components in the circuit and see which codes flash up. Plug each one back in one by one and see which codes are corrected.
Anyone have any better ideas??????????

·
Registered
380 Posts
Same problem with my epica when it was in for warranty work at Chevrolet St Albans, (apparently they get hissed off when you name them!) 2 fault codes for passenger seat unoccupied and airbag warning passenger side. didn't know what the codes meant, and just deleted them.

Now beginning to think it will be my 3rd and last chevrolet.

Absolutely fed up to the teeth with the Chevrolet dealer network, with 1 exception and that one is too far away.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Chevrolet at St Albans Evans Halshaw bought my 2.0 Diesel 150 bhp auto for £14500 Cruze there two years ago with 3 year warranty & 3 year free service, unfortunately just missed the 5 year deal. I want to change my car for a new one but am pissed of by Chev being too slow to introduce tyre pressure monitor, powered foldback door mirrors, day notice lights all on German cars. The car is OK apart from poor ride ,but roadholding is excellent. However Evans whilst proclaiming to be cheap want £130 for new brake pads available elsewhere for £75. Do not keep new tyres for Cruze and are far too expensive best deal comes from Tyre City 4 Matador tyres fitted for £375. Why is Cruze a best seller in the US (better spec) and they can not give them away in the UK ? The Cruze is much better than reported in the Media especially the nonsense in WHICH ? car magazine.

·
Registered
997 Posts
They sell better in the USA because they're cheap as chips and as long as they go in a straight line the yanks are happy. The US buyer is much easier to fool with a plethora of gadgets that the UK buyer- we're not so easily fooled by bling! That and there is still a strong association with Daewoo in the UK, which is enough to put most people off, an the dealers are uniformly garbage (Oldroverguy's new found dealer excluded from that so far).!

Apart from that there's no problem!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought my Orlando from Evans Halshaw in Luton, never been back as I had my first service in Spain. But while in the UK I did pop into a garage in the Midlands to check on the 5 year free service, and they found I was not even on the computer.A quick phone call to Luton and they did not want to know, told me to get the garage I was at to sort it, which they did. Also told I did not subscribe to the free service.
Happy with the car and feel that I can get all the help I might need in Spain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts