Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Are there any reliable UK parts suppliers for import vehicles?
I need a water pump, thermostat and housing for my '06 Express

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
This Forum is not a US/Chevrolet 'Classic' forum.
The internet has several links for American Classics in UK.
I've made a quick search (less than a minute) and found the following:- Chevy Truck Parts - Customville American

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s a shame, one would assume that a club calling itself Chevrolet Owners Club would cover ALL Chevys, not just European supplied.
my Express, as you should very well know and understand, is in no way a “Classic”. Apart from a few trim parts, my 2006 model is identical to the 2020 model, and the new 6.6 engine has only just come out this year.
Thank you for the google search tip though, I’ll add it to my list.

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
I'm sorry you are disappointed with the scope of this particular Forum but a little bit of research reading up the range of the Models covered (which are clearly listed) would have clarified that this is not where you needed to be. The Forum title does say 'co.uk' but has since embraced models owned in Australia, South Africa and several European countries. There are several American Vehicle Owners Clubs in the UK easily found via the internet who may be able to assist you in addition to the previous link I provided.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yesterday morning, I was going to reply to this as a sort of clarification that there is no "ban" on posts about non-Korean GM Daewoo products here, just that there are not many people here with such vehicles, and, since all content here is user generated, there isn't much about them. To be rather dismal as well, there are not that many active posters on the Korean ones either, probably because as cars with a non premium reputation when new, a dwindling population now, most of them approaching "end of design live" and poor parts availability, they tend to be a distress purchase by those who may not be fully aware of the situation...but I digress, I went online looking at details of the Chevrolet Express out of curiosity. Thought no more of it, then went out to do courier work in Peterborough for the afternoon, and within 15 minutes, spotted two, yes two, Chevrolet Express vans at separate addresses in the middle of Peterborough! One was a bit down at heel and clearly resting, the other was in active use. I couldn't stop and take pictures as i was on duty at the time, but it just goes to show..

Fair play to anyone brave enough to run a 6.0 V8 petrol commercial in the UK though, although I did once see a GMC van in Belgium filling up with LPG, the back doors were open, and the tank appeared to be roughly the size of UK domestic hot water tank. The station was very close to the dutch border, and the van registered in the Netherlands, at the time LPG in Belgium was half the price as in the Netherlands (The reason I was filling up before crossing since it was about 28p/litre), so guess he was a fuel tourist.

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
Metro, You are correct on many of the points you've raised. First and foremost there certainly isnt any restriction on whether a question on a non-listed model is posted, but simply from a practical response point of view there isnt going to be much 'user / owner support' if there isnt an active nucleolus to drawer upon to provide answers.
Some posters expect almost 'instant answers' - an example being the recent tirade of verbal abuse from one new member who after just 15 hours, and being half way around the world not allowing for 10 hours sleep time, came on blaspheming that no one had responded to him !

Of our own UK 'listed' models, there have been no Corvette post since December 2015, the Malibu August 2018, the Volt August 2019. Even regulars such as the Cruze and Epica have nothing for two months. The truth being as you point out, the Chevrolet/Daewoo range from early/mid 2000 is a dying brand through mechanical demise and Chevrolet failure to support, who despite making a ten year pledge on parts & support in Europe when they withdrew, have left many owners in the lurch.

For anyone owning an American 'Classic' (I use that description loosely to describe something not main stream to UK Market) it is easy to find the four main providers of US Automotive parts in UK ie American Vehicle Parts Braintree, Customville America Dagenham, American Auto Parts Redhill & US Automotive Bedford.
I can foresee that many of us Chevrolet owners might be forced to use these sources in the future!

As you point out, our own Forum exists around probably no more that a couple of dozen 'regulars' who contribute. Several of those are now 'ex' Chevrolet owners who like myself feel they can offer some knowledge and still contribute. It may become a question as to future viability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts