Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps

I've recently bought a 56 plate Lacetti Hatchback 1.4 SE with ac (dont know wether its 1.4i or not and i presume having ac is the air con as mine has air con.

I am thinking of getting an underseak spray done for the under floor of the car. Is this neccessary and what are the pros and cons fro this. As I do not want to do this if it can cause a problem with other parts.

If any one has got this done on their cars please reply; and keep the thread going guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there, I recently bought a '58 estate SX 1.8 automatic which I am very pleased with. I have bought a new towbar so had a look underneath to see how much work was involved to fit it and noticed the underseal coverage isn't as good as under the main floorpan so when the weather picks up I intend to spray a good coating of underbody schutz.

·
Registered
20 Posts
fitted the towbar and wired it up. The biggest pain was removing all the interior trim panels to get access to fit the towbar mounting bolts. I even had to remove the rear seat, I suppose the rear inner trims were fitted first in the factory and it is necassary to remove everything in the correct order so as not to damage as some of the trim panels have 'one way' self destructing mounting clips. While I was fitting the towbar I sprayed waxoil wherever possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts