Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Not sure if you have recieved a RECALL letter from Chevrolet, but I recieved one today.

It says...

Chevrolet has detected that certain MY 2007 Chevrolet Vaptiva vehicles may in some instances experience spongy brakes, increased brake pedal travel and in some cases reduced brake performance. This may be caused by a valve sticking within the ABS model.

We hereby request you to visit your Chevrolet dealer to have your vehical immediatly inspected. Your dealer will inspect the ABS module. If the valve within the ABS module is sticking, the module will be replaced and the braking system flushed and filled with new brake fluid at no cost to you. If the valve is not sticking, the recall will only involve flushing the brake system with new brake fluid at no cost to you.

I have attached a scanned copy of the letter, with personal details blanked.

I'm posting this, as if you have bought a 2007 Captiva second hand and never had it serviced at Chevrolet dealer then you are probably NOT on their mailing list and may not receive the recall notice.

It is worth checking your car with Chevrolet in that case. Their customer relations dept can be called on 0800 060606.

As this is a brake problem, don't take a chance....

Scanned letter...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Having just called my Chevrolet dealer, and said "I've just had a recall letter..." they said, ok, is it a Lacetti or Cruz, I said neither a Captiva... They said, oh, they recalling them now...
So guys, looks like this could be a common component accross Chevrolet models that is faulty....

As such the dealer can do mine till 19th December...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts