Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall ANTARA SE NAV CDTI 2.2 AUTO (Engine Number 202876K)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope someone can help, I am based in the UK and we have a Vaxhall Antara 2.2 D in the workshop as a Sales Car.

Car drove in fine, we replaced the rear diff and removed and resealed the front timing case and the vehicle would not restart.

Font Number Screenshot Rectangle

The vehicle is not that common in the UK - only a limited number were brought in by Vauxall - but shares its engine with the Captiva, so I was hopeful that someone might be able to help.

March - Non start in workshop after repairs. No Fault Codes or DTC's resident in memory. Checked obvious, fuel pressure OK to injectors, alarm key fobs OK, battery fully charged etc Still Non Start

April Auto Electrician checked all electrics for us and said all sensors (Cam & Crank) and electrics OK Still Non Start

May/June Replaced injector rail and injectors on other advice no difference

July/October Sent vehicle to Vauxhall Dealer, initial diagnosis was ECU failed, we couldnt afford the £2k+ for a new one so found second hand ECU and had that cloned, refiited by Vauxhall dealer - No Difference. Next was possible fault with Ignition immobiliser ring, ordered, dealer recoded and no change. Dealer confirmed that the immobiliser ECU was "seeing" the key and that a signal was being sent to the ECU and the ECU was confirming the signal but no pulse was being sent to injectors. Dealer had car for three months and returned to us without charge!

November As we are now clutching at straws we figured that if it was a faulty ECU then it may have been a software issue that we "copied" over, we ordered a full ECU, clocks, fusebox ETC kit second hand and fitted to our vehicle, still non start.

December Managed to get some workshop information regarding timing and correct set up, so stripped front case off engine and repeated the repair we did originally whilst checking the timing as per workshop manual. Timing was correctly set up. Rebuild - Still No Start

So before we get to the anniversary of the car not running I am happy to take any advice or help. As I have a Sales Manager who seems to sell the car twice a day and a can of petrol on standby to end this 9 month nightmare permanently!

Thank you in advance

Dave.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Norjak, The only thing I can pick from your post was the 'non pulse to injectors'. The following link may assist :-

Victor is our Antara Guru, I'm certain he may have additional thoughts.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all,

I hope someone can help, I am based in the UK and we have a Vaxhall Antara 2.2 D in the workshop as a Sales Car.

Car drove in fine, we replaced the rear diff and removed and resealed the front timing case and the vehicle would not restart.
Dave.
At the time the front timing cover was removed, was the timing chain disturbed?
When you remove the front crankshaft pulley it’s possible to lose the correct orientation of the lower (crank) timing gear and the crankshaft (woodruff key).

Did you have the sump off? The LNQ engine has a reluctor ring fitted to the crankshaft and it’s possible to damage this ring when replacing the sump. If this ring has been sufficiently damaged or knocked out of position it may be the reason for your No Start.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Victor, Your comment "The LNQ engine has a reluctor ring fitted to the crankshaft and it’s possible to damage this ring when replacing the sump. If this ring has been sufficiently damaged or knocked out of position it may be the reason for your No Start." was mentioned in a post earlier this year. Some of the 'teeth' had been slightly bent and caused the 'no start'. Teeth and position were corrected and vehicle started.
However, would damage / mispositioning cause the reported non pulse to injectors?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ed, a damaged / mispositioned reluctor ring would definitely cause no pulse to the injectors because the injector driver would not be activated without a CKP signal.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Ed, a damaged / mispositioned reluctor ring would definitely cause no pulse to the injectors because the injector driver would not be activated without a CKP signal.
Hi Victor, Thanks for clarifying that point. This could well be the 'missing' link for Norjac to investigate.

·
Registered
Vauxhall ANTARA SE NAV CDTI 2.2 AUTO (Engine Number 202876K)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys,

Many many thanks for even taking the time to read the post - and thank you very much for the suggestion.

Unfortunately I am lacking the manpower to get on the case today, but in the new year we will have a look and I will report back.

Thanks again,

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts