Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still getting used to the noises of my new 61 plate 2012 LTZ

One question...

I'm getting a vibration/rumble in the cabin when idle. It disappears if I increase the revs slightly, leading me to believe that something behind the console/in the engine compartment is vibrating.

Anyone experienced anything like this or got an idea what it could be?

Alternatively, is this normal?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I had a vibrating heat shield that did similar. Hit it with a hammer a couple of times and changed it's resonant frequency, problem solved!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Underneath, at the top of the transmission tunnel where the exhaust downpipe goes into the DPF.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello all,

Did anybody find a solution for that? My car does the same. It stops shaking when it starts to move. The vibrations are not that hard but really annoying. I think they are heavier when the car is not leveled flat.

·
Super Moderator
6,630 Posts
Sash, There is also a 'sister Topic' under caption 'Heavy vibration when idle'.
Comments were made there about Dual Mass Flywheel and other possibilities.
Member Pinkie 15 said in his post 12.06.2017 "Seem to recall that as well as a possible clutch/DMF issue that vibration on idle that clears when clutch is depressed can also be a sign of input shaft or thrust bearing failure in gearbox."
There may be other comments in this Topic worth reading as it might have possibilities that relate to your symptoms.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Ed,

I read that topic you mentioned, but i dont have a clutch so this is why i wrote here.

·
Super Moderator
6,630 Posts
Hi Ed,

I read that topic you mentioned, but i dont have a clutch so this is why i wrote here.
Advising Forum Members that you have an Automatic in your vehicle 'Footer' details would have helped us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts