Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Does anyone knowif you can disable the video in motion feature on the head unit. I know some vehicles like the Mercedes has a secret engineer menu where they can be disabled, but not sure about the Captiva. I want it disabled not so I can watch a film while driving but for my kids while im sat in the usual traffic jam after picking them up. Obviously at the moment moving slowly in traffic it keeps switching off (much to the kids annoyance) so wanted to turn it off if poss.

Also does anyone know if there is a "video out" on the back of the unit to connect more screens in the rear of the car.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
652 Posts
Be careful.... Heft fine and points if you are caught with a screen on, which is in the eye sight of the driver whilst the car is in motion.... Mate had a big shock, when he got caught. Same sort of thing. He wasnt watching, but on a long journey he had a DVD player with 2 screens for the kids. Same as I've got, but on the long journey, his wife decided to watch as well, so the kids had one screen in the back and his wife put the DVD player in the front with her. He got caught...

I would have thought you can put rear screens in and they will run off a seperate channel... But I dont know, to be honest...

just giving a word of caution if you manage to "by pass" the built in safety feature.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does the monitor/sat nav screen have the ability to watch dvd films? I thought the only film that it was capable of showing was on sd card.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As far as I am aware the Video for the front screen will take mpeg or avi formats and I use mine on an 8gb memory stick in the USB port, I am pretty sure it will not play dvd's from the cd player. It will take input from an ipod through the aux in socket as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im new with this too! My last car (Navara Tekna) had a DVD/Movie option too. You could get round the movie thing by bypassing the handbrake cable. The later ones also had a GPS locater which would cut it out after about 10mph

Im sure theres a way round this - I know the legal rules so lets say Im using this for off road use only :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts