Chevrolet Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Steve, Yes I'll give it a go and see what happens. I noticed yesterday on the dealers website that the Captiva we took back was up on their website. We paid £15,995 for it and it's on the forecourt now for £16,999. Three weeks ago when we went down to pick up the one we have now the old one was priced at £17.999. I wonder if they have fixed the problems. The dealer has had a promotion and has reduce a lot of vehicle prices soI dont think he has reduced the price because of the car itself.

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100px;">H
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100px;">i i Brain, that sounds just a tad dodgy to me but that's just me not sure i could call this guy ethical and would make me think twice from buying from him. but really do hope yours is ok.
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100px;">

·
Registered
156 Posts
<div style=": -1; :; top:0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100px;">yeah well that kind of says it all. but lets hop yours settles down cause seems on the whole most people are really happy with their Chevrolet Captiva or whatever model they have. i know im chuffed to bits with my Aveo

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi again all, here's the latest update on the Captiva. Last week I took it back to the dealer and asked them to look at the shaking at low speed and engine noise plus to check the transmission oil. To cut a short story even shorter they found no problem, there's a surprise. I was quite happy to hear that even though I still get the low speed shake on occassions I have at least reported it to them and it has been loggedon the service records.
While they were having a look at the Captiva I wandered round the showroom and I noticed that the new and secondhand Captiva's look a bit higher than mine. This got me wondering plus a comment from a friend who remarked that, "This one looks lower than the last Captiva you had." When I found time I poked the camera under the car and took a few pics. I was surprised to find Orange springs front and rear and I could see the begining of a name on one of the spring coils, "irm...." I popped in the dealers today to glean some info and short of them putting the car on a ramp the service guy said itseems that the car has been fitted with an "irmscher" lowering kit. The car was registered with Chevrolet and its only 11 months old so it looks like it could have been a factory fit. I also have the sat nav and rear view camera fitted. Its a 59 plate LTX Diesel Auto registered last December and the models with the sat nav set in the dash above the radio didn't come out till Jan 2010 I believe. Maybe its a demo or something. It rides lovely at 70 on cruise control. Most of the driving is done locally though and the trip readoutis showing 30mpg although my calculations show it more at 25 mpg but I'm happy with that, my Mondeo average was 22 mpg.

Brian

·
Registered
156 Posts
you would think the dealer would of known all this and be able to tell you before you got it but aslong as its going ok mate thats good

·
Registered
226 Posts
anything with irmscher printed on it costs a fortune!!!!!!

you might have picked up a good deal there!!!

hope it all prooves to be worth the wait and know hassle free foro now on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi everyone and Goodbye. We have sold The Captiva, Webuyanycar.com.We had several issues with it that We couldn't ignore any more and decideit had to go. Its a shame because it was a nice car. But it was maybe too much for our regular 5 mile round trip once a week to Tesco and the occasional run to the newsagent. It served us well during the snow especially when our daughter rolled her car and we had to go and pick her up. But the rising cost of diesel and the inability of our pension to stretch has made us do a rethink. So farewell to all, carrying on enjoying your Captivas, best wishes.
Brian

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thats a shame Brian but would seriously Recommend the Aveo its a nice car to drive and i believe fairly economical.

Steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'll bear that in mind Steve but it looks like we are going back to the anonymity of a Ford or maybe a Fiat. One good thing iswe sold The Captiva to webuyanycar.com and we got the price we paid for it originally. We had been to two dealers earlier and had been offered £2,500 less by each of them than we got from wbac.com. It was quick andpainless and the money was in the bank the next day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww a ford??? thats very very sad .. Glad you got a good deal for the Captiva and seriously if its cause you dont want to deal with the Dealer you did before which i fully Understand i really Recommend Bellingers here there good and Lee is easy to deal with.

Steve

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sorry to see you go Brian, hope you have better luck with the next one!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Not only a Ford Steve but a Focus at that
at least I managed to keep it to a 2.0L Auto. It's a Titanium 2010 on a 59 plate with 1044 miles on the clock. It has a lot of the features, auto lights and wipers, etc that the Captiva had so I shouldn't feel too sad and I find the keyless entry thing a bit of a novelty with the push button start, but at the end of the day it's my wifes car really, I'm just the chauffeur.
Thanks for the sentiments bigiainwI shall miss not checking on here during the day for the latest posts butI expect Ishall pop back now and again. As you can see we have now gone over to a FordFocus 2.0L auto a world away from The Captiva, but hey, "variety is the spice of life" they say and, "always look on the bright side", etc etc. I shall be ok I'll just stay indoors if we get any snow.

All the best,

Brian.

·
Registered
156 Posts
in the words of jeremy kyle OH MY GOD! of all the cars in the world its a ford and to tp it off its a focus still could of been worse could of been a KA

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi
sorry to hear youve sold your captiva, best of luck for the future..tell me tho, with webuyanycar.com did you get what they offered you online? was it a painless experience??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Stowboy thank you for your wishes.
The experience with WBAC.com was painless, after making the appointment we attended at the agreed time. The guy took details of the car and inspected the documents and confirmed who we were and that the car was bona fide. He did a walk round inspection and a 5 min test drive round the car park. We went back to his office where heconfirmed the price offered in the valuation. We had to pay the fee they charge of some £74, plus we paid another £24 to have the money paid into our accontby the next day. So we received the valuation less the charges.

The money was in our account by 4 o'clock the next day whichenabled us to go out and buy another car straight away.In the endwe sold the car for £100 less than we paid for it and we got £2,500 more than a two dealers had eachoffered for the car in part exchange.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
lordpom said:
in the words of jeremy kyle OH MY GOD! of all the cars in the world its a ford and to tp it off its a focus still could of been worse could of been a KA
You're right Steve but we did look at a Punto EvoDualogicas well, I don't know if that would have been worse than the KA.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have to say, I ran fords for years when they were really prtetty poor and had no real problems. My dad did work in a main dealer though, so maybe that was something to do with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I worked for Ford and Fiat for 40 years so perhaps I'm brain washed. I had a Mondeo and my wife had a Punto before we had the Captiva. She has had three new Fiats, one Bravo/a and two Puntos. I had a newFiat Stilo before the Mondeo. My first car was an E93a sit up and beg Ford Popular. Those were the days, wooden floors, cable brakesand vacuum wipers. Thank goodness for Auto lights and wipers.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts