Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my Matiz went inFRF Bridgendwith mechanical failure andNO electrical problem what so ever including a good battery! and bear this also, the mechanical failure could not of caused any electrical fault! after they "done nothing" to it in 6 weeks I collected it from them, yet it had a complete flat battery! ODD because cars sit on forecourts for weeks and start ok wit good batteries! anyway I carried out the work with success, BUT now bear this in mind! as I neared completion of the mechanical work, I placed the battery on charge! When it was FULLY charged, I fiited it to the car and it started perfectly except for one immediate noticable electrical fault, the charge light remained on, as Im a qualified auto-electrician! I checked for Voltage and Amp outputs! and found there to be 0V and 0A, On a closer check of my alternator, I discovered my little own ID punch mark had gone! So what happened to my fully working alternator? apparently after speaking to an ex-mechanic from FRF, he said "They used to do that when I was there" what I asked as if I didnt have any suspicians "They used to take and swap parts off customers cars, they probably done that to yours thinking it isnt going to be on the road again" I was lucky as I had a spare available from an 02 Daewoo, but to all customers to FRF Bridgend, be very careful in what you get back! my alternator was 100% defo STOLEN by them. Edited by: Steerpike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts