2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Just wondering
- Does of any one have experience of how Chevrolet handle MOT failures
on cars under warranty? I know the warranty excludes the classic 'wear and
tear' - anyone had any problems getting Chevrolet to honour the warranty in
general...

Wondering how useful the 5 year warranty would be R.E. Mot's down the line. Anybody there yet?

Any help or personal experience welcome!

Best

P

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Welcome to Forum SuperDave. You've got me puzzled and a very good question. Can you reveal more about what the MOT failure was on and have you had continuous service by a Chevy dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a general question really.

I'm just a bit chary of these huge warranties - I wonder how Chevy or Hyundai or Kia might deal with borderline claims as the cars get older. Seems to me that it must be that cover for various things must be shaky at 5 or 7 years. How do you define wear and tear at that age?

Just not convinced is all...

Best

Dave

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Dave, Despite the marketing hype I think you will find all Warranties work on a diminishing scale as to what is or isnt valid after a given period of time. All manufacturers should be able to provide you with the details (terms & conditions). One thing that seems sure with the reports from other forum members re Chevrolet there is little or no flexibility. So, for example if you fail to maintain services by a Chevrolet dealer strictly in accordance with the defined mileage or months (whichever comes first), then Chevy will decline Warranty liability. I guess the other manufacturers will pretty much follow suit so I am not for one minute singling out Chevy. They define rules/conditions and the owner should reasonably fulfil servicing responsibilities in return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts