Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year All....

Ok, my Warranty runs out in Feb only driven 29k miles, and so far I have the following to get the Chevy dealer to look at...

1. Wheel Bearing.... Over Christmas, I have noticed a low droning noise. More noticable over 50mph, and louder turning right than left. Initally though it could be tracking, tyres something like that. Been told by 2 seperate mechanics they suspect Wheel Bearings. (Being looked at on the 5th Jan)

2. Rear Wash Wipe.... Failed during the "cold snap". First thougt to be frozen, but after it should have thawed still not working. Since found water (smelling of screen wash) coming in the top of the Windscreen. Also found drops in the lense of the front map lights. Also front mirror fell off, thought down to "sticky pad" getting wet. Water seen behind mirror "fixing". Also now the Auto Dipping mirror is not working, belived shorted by water. Hopefully easy to fix, as suspect pipe has come loose.

3. Computer display.... Reseting itself intermitantly. Reported to dealer who says there is some notice on it. Waiting for update, as far as I'm concerned it should be replaced.

4. Rust on tailgate.... As reported by others, have some rust appearing in the "corner" between the chrome rear plate light fixing and the body.

5. Rust on roofbar.... After fixing the roof bars yesterday, noticed a slight "bubble" in the black roof bar attached to the car.

6. Condensation in rear light cluster.... Noticed a build up of condensation in one of the rear light clusters. Really shouldnt happen.

So this is a list of things I need to get checked out, before my Warranty runs out next month.

Anyone know of any "known" defects that I should check for ....

Thanks in advance guys....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the issue with rear wash and water coming in, the dealer says is not a warranty issue, as "frost damage" is not covered under warranty....

FROST DAMAGE.... From this please ensure you wrap your Captiva up in a nice warm quilt at night ...DOH!!!

Will be fighting this one. How can a manufacture say that if a pipe comes off dur to frost its not warranty. My take would be, if you cant design a pipe so it doesnt come off in frost then its a design flaw....

Will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the same problem with my rear washer and i and not using it till i have stripped the head lining and had a look . Regarding your tailgate rust i had same problem and took my car into bodyshop i used to work for just make sure when they paint it that they lift up the glass door because if they mask it closed then there will be an unsightly dry edge of paint wen you lift glass in future

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers captivamondo. Have been informed that the rust warranty is 6 years. As such, not going to have this done till the summer, as dont want to be without the Captiva for long during the winter and possible snow.

Been without it since last Wednesday already (Wheel bearing), and hopefully getting it back tomorrow (Mon 10th).

But thanks for the hint.... will make sure of that. Mind you, the dealer will have to fix it, so if it is not done properly they'll do it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts