Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me?
Put the captiva in this am for some long awaited warranty work, namely replace both leaking front struts, replace the front bowtie badge as it's got something black and revolting growing in it, replace the faulty reversing sensor it's now been in 3 times with, possibly replace the 2 rear wheels re corrosion and repaint the hatch for the ubiquitous rust issue, as well as taking out a very small dent in the hatch also. The service chap then tells me I'll have the Vauxhall Corsa "not-much-of-a-courtesy" car for TWO WEEKS! Now, I'm not an unreasonable man, but I reckon working at home on the drive I could do all of the mechanical bits in a day and the prep and paint taking another day or two at the outside, how on earth does that amount to 2 weeks? I'd love to see them do an F1 pit stop, probably take 4 hours!

It's not often I get baffled, but this one has me beat!

Iain

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Bigianw,

It is obviously you. You are multi skilled and can do one job after another. In the garage the single skilled tradesmen have their own programs, and as the car gets passed to each of them for their respective jobs it has to wait in their respective queues.

Am I winding you up or am I somewhere near the truth?

Cheers

John

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who knows?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update!
After going to collect the car yesterday and finding that they had omitted to MOT it, I finally collected it this am. Paintwork, DONE, Front struts, DONE, new front and rear bow tie badges, DONE, new reversing sensor , DONE, but do the sensors work, NO! I'm so sick of thios particular problem, they don't fix and test, they just swap componenets and hope. It's bloody scandalous, they've had the thing for 2 weeks and this is the 4th time they've had it for the sensors and they still don't work- it's doing my head in !!!!

I can feel a strong letter to the service manager coming on!

Iain

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And now the wife has kerbed one of the alloys grrrrrrr! Can't live with them, can't shoot them!
Iain

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think you should consider taking it to a different dealership. Clearly the dealer you are using doesn't have a clue how to resolve the parking sensor issue. Or you could just bite the bullet and pay a mobile auto electrician to sort it out for you. I've used these guys in the past and they can usually find and rectify a problem very quickly. Might be worth paying just to avoid the stress.

Can you tell me where exactly the rust was as I need to keep a close eye on this?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, guess again evo, nothing to do with Mr Shark, although the level of incompetence is very similar! I'm going to stick with it though as I only have days of warranty left and I suspect it's the control unit that's at fault. I'm leaving the car with them while I'm on my hols (from fri on) fror the two weeks- surely by the time I come back they'll have it dealt with, that and the little stowage compartment handle in the boot where the jack storage is, which came off in my hand yesterday. As for the rust, itforms at the top corners of the chrome handle on the tailgate, usually as staining first and then bubbles up. I had a spot in the top middle of the badge too.
Iain

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update- Just noticed today while puting stuff in the boot that they've badged the car as an LTZ- its an LTX-after painting, so I'm going to call them and ask for the badge to be changed, or as an alternative they can fit the sat nav, extra chrome bling and uprated wheels from the aforementioned model. What do you think my chances are?
Iain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts