Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just spent £30k on the new captiva LTZ ,the sat nav is crap and has been replace and updated but is still showing wrong speed of roads and will not find correct address when put in we was told it was the latest Tom Tom ya right!!!!!! Can't drive the car at night as the instrument on the steering wheel do not light up, I don't know any car for £30k with controls on steering wheel that don't light up all that Chevrolet UK say is that this option was taken off. Then there is the int lights, when drivers door is open only the Back and boot light up nothing in front for driver or passage to see when getting in, please can someone help me with these problems, Did the old model have these problems, as they say this is the upgraded model.Edited by: Colinpl

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Colin, mine is a 2007 LT model, my steering wheel (audio only) controls don't light up either but I didn't know they should to be honest. I only use a prehistoric seperate TomTom so can't comment on the dash sat-nav. The cabin lights near the rear view mirror are button operation only on mine too, it's a weird one but would have been nice to include a smaller lamp in the middle operated from the doors etc.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Interior lights- there is a thread in here advising how this can be rectified, as I did, by fitting some LED bulbs in the interior lamp cluster.
Sat nav has been universally acknowledged as crap.

Never had any issues with non lit steering wheel controls- just a matter of learning where they are.

Did you not test drive the car before spending £30k, and how did you manage to do that given that there are massive discounts available? Have you never heard the phrase "buyer beware".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dave. Thanks for reply I did test drive the LT 2012 model as they did not have a LTZ and was told what was extra on the LTZ and it was day time so did not know the wheel controls would not light up, on mine I have phone controls and radio and also cruise controls. I have been into other manufacture with same speck and price range and all of them have steering wheel controls that light up even trading slanders are saying this is a safety issue

Colin

·
Registered
153 Posts
Live with the car. I have a 2010 LTZ, and it does grow on you. I also have a 2012 Audi A4, both cars on paper cost about £30000, however the LTZ has so much more. Yes it does not have the same build quality, but it tows my twin axle caravan, lets me transport my labrador and heats my bum in the winter! Not all cars have lights on the steering wheel, you just learn to live with its short comings and think what a great deal you got when you bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts