Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, after a heavy rainfall, my Captiva had about 1.5 inches of water in the footwell. I've done loads of poking around to find out what has caused this - No Success... Most of the week, I've been trying to dry it out by removing the carpets. I'm thinking the drainage plugs must be clogged. However, I can't locate them.

Anyone, ever had this problem?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? I've heard of clogged drainage channels causing this in other makes.

·
Registered
997 Posts
News to me, but the pollen filter and heater fan assembly is behind the glove box so it is possible, but I would have thought that it would only be the passenger side that would be affected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is at the garage and all the drainage plugs are clear. Most of the water seems to be on the passenger side. It has been swishing from side to side. I replaced the pollen filter yesterday - as the old one was horrible. They are now looking at the A/C.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is there any update to this ? My 1 year old Captivafootwell carpets are soaking, especially the passenger side. It was only serviced a few weeks ago but we did have some torrential rain last week ??
Before I read this, I too looked at the air conditioning ducts either side of the central console, this looks the most likely cause of where the water has come from. The carpet leading up to the glovebox is not wet so therefore somehow the water has got in at the same level as the floor somewhere.
Hopefully this'll be covered under some sort of warranty if the carpets are ruined......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts