Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is going to be quite lengthy so I apologise in advance. 3 1/2 years ago I bought a brand new top of the range Captiva, at two months it went into the garage with water in the rear fuse cacompartment, the one under the storage container to the right had side of the boot. Apparently the water was coming from the rear window washer pipe blowing off and flooring this compartment. It went in four times in all for this same complaint, at one time there was that much water in the compartment it froze solid !!. But since then I have had no end of little niggling problems with the electrics on the vehicle i.e. alarm going off for no reason, seat belt warning lights coming on, parking sensors bleeping all the time, heater running red hot one minute and freezing cold the next, etc. The garage I bought the car from Slater's said this had nothing to do with the water getting into the fuses
which I found a bit hard to believe. Back in February the heater started playing up again and I took it back to Slater's who charged me £150.00 to tell me it could be one of three things (not acutally fixing the fault) so I took it away and took it to an independant garage who advised me that all the problems were down to the electrics getting wet time and again and to get on to Chrevrolet direct, which I did, and they said as it was out of warrenty it was not there problem, but I said it was an inherent fault with the vehicle, but that did not make any difference. Can anyone give me anything to go back to them with as I feel I'm being taken for a ride

1 - 1 of 1 Posts