Chevrolet Owners Club banner

Water on the ground Air Con?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rn-newforest 
#1 ·
Hi

Has anyone else found water under their captiva when its stationary and with the engine switched off after its been driven. I think it maybe the air con but I am not sure so thought I would ask here.

I am retisent taking it to mydealer as they still have not managed to resolve the other issues I have.

Theytold me one of the quirks of a captiva is the heating system often leads to the car windscreen steaming up (on the inside) when the ignition is switched on.

The exhaust system (ECU) performs a exhaust regeneration process every now and then toclear the dirt out and as for the rev counter going up and down when in idle 'all cars do this'!

Roger

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Roger,

My captiva does the same, first notice the water dripping below the engine at a petrol station, thought I had a fuel leak.
Was told that most cars do this as the air-con is constantly running with the engine even though it's not switched on, and not to worry about it?

Haven't notice it in a while, and I'm having no issues with the air-con. which I don't use it very often due the the vehicles poor mpg?

Dee...............

#3 ·
Water under most cas that have A/C on is not unusual in the summer months, both my Captiva and Freelander do it as well as our old Omega. The cars with good ground clearance are more visible than those that are close to the ground. Ice cold parts and warm moist air are the root cause. If you have a pint of ice cold cider in the same months the table has a very wet ring when you pick up the glass and this is the same physical process.

Never had the car steam up on the inside under these conditions however on wet days the windscreen demister has to be on all the time to avoid misting up.

My idle is rock steady so not sure if the dealer is flying a kite with you on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.