Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I 1st came to this forum when seriously thinking about whether to buy a Captiva. I wanted to see what problems owners were reporting and also, if possible, get a feel for whether the price I had been offered was good.

So I thought it might be interesting to start a thread to state what model/age Captiva we purchased and where we purchased it from. This will hopefully help others who - like me - are trying to decide to join the 'captivating world of the captiva' (sorry.. couldnt resist that ;-)

Please post only once, stating:

Captiva Model: LT
Year of Manufacture: 2010

Mileage: 3000

Price: £14995

Dealer: Evans Halshaw - Gateshead

Date of Purchase:March 2011

Edited by: Gal10

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Gal10,

Captiva Model: LTZ

Year of Manufacture: 2010

Milage: 21000

Price: £19895

Dealer: Ware Garage S&M Motors - Ware Hertfordshire

Date of Purchase: March 2011

·
Registered
24 Posts
Captiva Model: LTZ

Year of Manufacture: 2011

Milage: (300) Delivery

Price: £21000

Dealer: Pentagon Sheffield

Date of Purchase: May 2011

·
Registered
12 Posts
Captiva Model: LT
Year of Manufacture: 2010 (60)Mileage: 30

Price: £14995

Dealer: Arnold Shark - Perth

Date of Purchase: Feb 2011

Edited by: BorisBlank

·
Registered
997 Posts
Captiva Model: LTX
Year of Manufacture: 2008 (08)
Mileage: 16360

Price: £12500

Dealer: Available Car, Castle Donington

Date of Purchase:Sept 2010

·
Registered
153 Posts
Model: LTZ
Colour: Silver

Mileage: 5

Bought: 17/2/11

Price: Including garage fitted extras £21998

Garage: Arnold Clark Chevrolet Linwood

·
Registered
652 Posts
Captiva Model: LTX
Year of Manufacture: 2008 (57)
Mileage: 17500

Price: £14500

Dealer: Nathaniel Car Sales, Bridgend (South Wales)

Date of Purchase:April 2010

Interestingly, bought 6 months (nearly) after bigianw, with same spec (LTX) and nearly same mileage, but £2k difference.... Does a second hand Captiva really depreciate that much

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don't think so, 08 LTX's are still being advertised at what you paid. Incidentaly, I got mine 5 months after you, not before. Mine was1 owner, from a lease fleetwith 10 mnths of 3 year warranty left and was by far the cheapest on offer in that spec- I would have paid more for an LT, but I wanted cruise and a newer car was beyonds my means at the time. I just think I got a really good deal and i'd buy another one at that moneyin an instant!
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bigiainw said:
- I would have paid more for an LT, but I wanted cruise

Chevrolet must have changed the specsof the LT, making it more alike the highter model. Mine is an LT and it has cruise control, half leather, in-dash computer etc etc. Only difference between the LT and the top of the range, as I understand it,is the coloured bumper inserts (cosmetic skid plate), wing mirror mounted indicators and slighlty larger wheels... thus in my opinion making the LT better value for money (based on 2010/11 models).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Captiva Model: LT 7 seater
Year of Manufacture: 2010 (registered Sept 2010)
Mileage: 10

Price: £16999

Dealer: Arnold Clark, Glasgow

Date of Purchase:Dec 2010

Mine was a pre-registered model- was pleased with the deal I got. Nearly bought one from Motorpoint (at £15,500 unregistered !) but their LT 7 seaters were the older LT spec and were imports from Ireland which only have a 2 year warranty. Plus, Motorpoint was offering a lower trade in value for old car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
21,000 euros for our 2010 LS+7 in Spain. About 9 mnths old, ex demo and being used by the manager in the meantime. 9000km on the clock. As far as I can see, the LS+7 is the equivalent of the LT, it has 7 seats computer, half leather with leather gearstick and steering wheel. Only 2wd though.
Cars are expensive over here but we got an extra year's warranty giving us just over 3 years and the first service done for us. I've seen older ones for sale for more over here and they don't depreciate so much so we are hopedful for a few years of Captiva ownership!

Edited by: Speedy

·
Registered
652 Posts
2100 euros that's £1840... WOW I'm off to Spain to buy a NEW one

Or did you miss a 0 there Speedy....

Doh... someone trying to make me look stupid...

Edited by: K.L.Richards

·
Registered
104 Posts
no idea what you're talking about.....ahem...

·
Registered
997 Posts
Gal10- and the full leather! Yep, that was new for the 2010 model year, when the LTX became the LTZ.
Prior to that no cruise, no info centre, cloth seats, plain bumpers, no chrome tips on the exhausts on the LT- a bit plain looking if you ask me, and the colour i have, zest brwon, is no more as well! I would have a 2010 LT though if I had to change as it's got everythingI would want other than the full leather. Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
997 Posts
The trip computer is described as a driver info centee in the Chevy brochure. Having heard of the difficulties some have had with the LTZ sta nav, I'll stick with my Tom Tom thanks....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Captiva Model:LS
Year of Manufacture:2011 (11)Mileage:7
Price:£14400
Dealer:Arnold Clark (The Shark)But In A Good Mood This Day-Winsford Chesire.
Date of Purchase:April 2011

And They paid for the road tax (Ops first time Reg) That hurt old Arnie-£425ish, Not forgetting the saving £21500 now thats what i call a steal Ops I mean deal.

Whoop,Whoop.

Spider

1 - 20 of 41 Posts