Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traction control, ABS, 4 wheel drive lights stuck on....

anybody had any experience with this?

Captiva 08 2.0 d ls

·
Registered
652 Posts
what does this mean???

adama67 said:
Traction control, ABS, 4 wheel drive lights stuck on....

anybody had any experience with this?

Captiva 08 2.0 d ls

Means megga bucks by the sounds of it....

Suggest you get a computer read out from a Diagnostics tool. Any decent garage should be able to do that.

I'm no mechanic, but for all those warning lights to come on, I bet you have a dodgy sensor.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mr Richards has it I think- sounds like an ABS issue as the ABS and traction are controlled by the ABS and the 4wd is triggered into action by wheel slip, which is measured by the ABS sensors.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Was only joking about the mega bucks.... or at least I hope so.
As for the sensor... Had a weird problem a year or so back on the wife's car, a Corsa. She called me to say, the power steering had packed in, the speedo wasn't working and brakes seemed heavy.

That proved to be an ABS sensor on the wheel. I questioned this with the garage, as her little Corsa doesn't have ABS. But it seems they fit these ABS sensors as they are a good way of feeding speed and slip of the wheel to the cars "brain". In our case, was a way of driving the speedo, the assistance for power steering and brakes.

A Vauxhall dealer dealt with it, and I was surprised how little it cost to resolve. Biggest cost being dealership hourly rate.

Hope it proves to be something like this for you....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info (as I suspected).

Its booked in today, so I will find out soon what the "damage" will be......

I'll update this post when I have an answer/fix.

cheers.

(forgot to mention hill descent was on too - and the car drives as normal)

·
Registered
226 Posts
adama67 said:
Thanks for the info (as I suspected).

(forgot to mention hill descent was on too - and the car drives as normal)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now you mention the hill descent button was lit up!!!!..

we would have been able to tell you that it was the ......

thrutch sidewinder overspool capacitor grommet that was playing up!!!!..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same thing on mine (07 LTX) last year. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Intermittent at times.

Turned out to be loose ABS sensor (rear passenger side).

Reconnected and tapped up (to stop it coming loose again)with electrical tape.

Never seen fault since!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Spooky but ours did it on Saturday. It was my fault because I was buggering about with the cruise control and changing gear manually while it was on. When I got home I restared and the check engine light stayed on. Yesterday morning it went off so I took it for a quick 20min blast and it stayed off.

Maybe I had confused the sensors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Droplink replacedFront brakes/disks & pads
Rear pads

(All of the above was no surprise as they were advised to me last year!)

Lights went off.....came back on again for 5 min, now off (3 days now). Suspect dodgy connection somewhere - if they do come back on its back for a check.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The mil will illuminate for a whole range of reasons. It will also go out after 4 driving cycles (start, drive stop and lock up x4) if the fault is no longer present. It might be the cruise/ gear change sequence has caused some issue that put the light on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
adama67 said:
Lights went off.....came back on again for 5 min, now off (3 days now). Suspect dodgy connection somewhere - if they do come back on its back for a check.
Ours had same problem a while ago. All the lights from ABS to 4WD. As was mentioned everything depends on the wheel rotation sensor. Once that goes everything is off. Unfortunately it happened to us during a typical Finnish winter and not having 4WD sucks immensely.

We needed several trips back to the dealer because they replaced the sensor but it kept coming back. In the end it was actually the cable that was not working.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All apears ok now, but.....

front washers not working (rear ok) and revers parking and revers lights on....

what next?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts