Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a positive post on what you have done with your Captiva today.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Removed all the mud and grime from the off road drive at the weekend at my friendly hand wash place near Ibrox, this morning before getting to work. Now that paint looks gleaming again, like when I picked it up 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ours brought me, the wife, cat, and caravan home from a short break.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quick reconfiguration to haul various Brownie's to their homes...

·
Super Moderator
6,525 Posts
Good idea S-M. Went to solicitors to organise Wills. Almost died - when told the price!
. I'm now looking for life-time extended warranty!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New windscreen fitted today. £100 lighter in the pocket.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Today was an electrical day. Fitted door handle illuminating panels,left and right front door Chevrolet ghost lights,blue footwell led lighting, looks cool

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mrs S-M went cross country over some mud and slop. Reported the hill decent control was brilliant on a very muddy down hill . That's good to know when the snow and icy roads come.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Put my new winter wheels on the car today. Was good timing
as we had a little snow this afternoon.

A brand new set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV 235/55-18 104T XL
running on a set of <a href="http://molway.com/shop/21152/art52/h5729/9665729-origpic-2ad888.jpg" target="_blank">Inter Action Lightning 18x8,0 5/115 ET40 N70,3
</a>
Dec 1st by law at least up here in Stockholm or higher you
have to have winter wheels on your car.

·
Super Moderator
6,525 Posts
Been to Court to discuss evidence with Judge against a rouge flooring contractor. Full hearing sometime next March/April ! (Floor lasted just 5 days before failing!!)

·
Super Moderator
6,525 Posts
Good one CB. Brain & fingers not in sync. That's what happens when one gets wound up in court - you end up seeing red!

·
Super Moderator
6,525 Posts
CB, thanks for that. This has been rumbling along since February 2013 (yes nearly two years!). Found out a lot in my research and now think the company as a whole, or possibly one of his operatives, has been 'short-changing' projects by not using all the stated materials (in my case less than half the stipulated adhesive - hence the failure). Apart from court claim to recover cost of getting it put right by someone else, I am now referring the evidence I have gathered to Trading Standards for thorough investigation. I'll chat more by personal message.
Edited by: Aussie Ed

·
Super Moderator
6,525 Posts
Dodger said:
good timing
as we had a little snow this afternoon.
Dodger, dont be offended but I'm quite happy for you to have our snow as well
I hate driving in the stuff. Take Care.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice looking winter wheels, I have a set for mine but have been to busy to get them fitted, I tried to do it myself last month but my jack doesn't go high enough to lift the Captivas wheels of the ground

Fortunately it has been very mild, though the missus has mentioned the car sliding on the country lanes when we had a very cold one so I should probably figure something out soon before she ends up in a hedge.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm stillhoping for snow.....just to properly test outthe AWD! ...hasn't snowed since I bought the car 16 months ago!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wife wants it as her car while I am away, told her to get a AWD Trax !!

1 - 20 of 580 Posts