Chevrolet Owners Club banner

521 - 540 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sold mine got a good price for it too compared to whats on sale here at the moment. I had a full service history from when I bought it and regular oil changes etc. so that helped. I hadn't been driving it much lately so it was time to shift it on. Thanks for all the help and advice over the past 5 years!! It was much appriciated.

what did you replace it with? ...i.e. did you go for a similar style vehicle

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
PN, Obviously sorry to see you leave the Forum. No reason why you cant pop-in from time to time as a 'former owner'.
You may have helpful experience for those who are Captiva owners perhaps for the first time.
Like you my need & use of 4x4 has diminished hence I'm selling my Series 2. We've gone down in size to a small city car as well as greater use of our Motorhome.
Safe and Happy motoring.

Ed

·
Registered
114 Posts
what did you replace it with? ...i.e. did you go for a similar style vehicle

Bought herself a 2013 Santa Fe Premium last year and it's been the primary car since, has had its faults too though but have resolved them myself with a bit of googling! Have the use of an 07 CRV too when I need it which isn't too often so the Captiva was sitting in the drive a lot and best let go as being parked up wasn't doing it any favours e.g. had to clean the 4 discs of rust to fix the ABS faults after a summer on the drive!

PN, Obviously sorry to see you leave the Forum. No reason why you cant pop-in from time to time as a 'former owner'.
You may have helpful experience for those who are Captiva owners perhaps for the first time.
Like you my need & use of 4x4 has diminished hence I'm selling my Series 2. We've gone down in size to a small city car as well as greater use of our Motorhome.
Safe and Happy motoring.

Ed

Absoultely got great info here over the years and would be glad to give some back!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I changed the timing belt, tensioner, pulley and water pump during the October holidays. We're lucky to have access to other vehicles, so I took my time over a few days. The car had done 63k since the last change so it was time to get it done!

I really appreciated the info on this site - particularly a post from Ed to Warrior which set out the full process. The search really does work, so thanks!

Hoping for another 60k of trouble free driving. I missed the Captiva for the short time it was off the road, sitting high up when driving in darkness really helps combat the high powered lights on new cars.

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
WillQ,

Good job done.
I appreciate the 'nod' on the topic link being helpful. I get moaned at for trying to get full info from members so we can help them. The use of the Advanced Search function is a very under used facility yet it has something like ten years worth of helpful info from current and past owners just sitting there waiting to be accessed.

Wish you many more miles of safe & happy motoring.

Ed

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Replaced the rear brake discs, rear pads and handbrake shoes. Blueprint parts fitted.
Good opportunity to look at the rear chassis and underneath with no corrosion sighted anywhere except that Y shape rear exhaust piece before the rear silencers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Replaced the rear brake discs, rear pads and handbrake shoes. Blueprint parts fitted.
Good opportunity to look at the rear chassis and underneath with no corrosion sighted anywhere except that Y shape rear exhaust piece before the rear silencers.
I need to do that job on mine soon - discs are looking a bit scored and have a chunky lip.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I need to do that job on mine soon - discs are looking a bit scored and have a chunky lip.
So the rear discs, EPB shoes and pads have all been replaced. Hard work getting the old discs off, they didn't want to budge!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
So the rear discs, EPB shoes and pads have all been replaced. Hard work getting the old discs off, they didn't want to budge!
What brand of discs and pads did you go for.?

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
What brand of discs and pads did you go for.?
S-M

When I had mine changed I bought Pagid Discs (rotors) and EBC 'Green Stuff' pads. (slightly more 'bite' than basic pads but didnt want or need something that would put my nose on the windscreen!). The Tech office at EBC very helpful.
I bought new shoes in readiness for rear parking brake but were not necessary as there was virtually no wear.
The rotors had 'edge lipping' which I could have ground off but the disc thickness was reduced (not below minimum) but no point in leaving on only to revisit for a second time later.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
Gave my Captiva it's last 'wash & brush up & chami' today prior to the New Owner collecting her today (4pm).
Sad, as I have thoroughly enjoyed an 'affinity' with this vehicle - probably only matched by my very first car (1959 Ford Popular) simply because it was my 'first'.
I'll continue to hang around the Forum (with your approval) for a while longer until my 'wheels drop off'.

Ed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope you do hang around Ed, you provided the vital information that fixed all 3 of the issues I had with my recently purchased captiva!!

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
Maackie, I appreciate your kind acknowledgement and hope that all is well with your Captiva now.
I guess I'll hang around and contribute when I can. The forum is 'in my blood' now.
Ed.

Reactions: Nordic owner

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
Full service carried out today which included:
Oil Change, Oil Filter, A/C Carbon Filter, Air Filter, Iridium Spark Plugs & Gearbox oil change.

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
38 Posts
as I just bought mt Captva L 2.4L 167 HP 2012 with no service records, took it to my mechanic for a service. replaced engine oil and filter, air filter and checked all fluids including transfer and differential. I need to replace the cabin filter, anyone got a lead for the PN for the cabin filter for the series 2 Captiva L?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
as I just bought mt Captva L 2.4L 167 HP 2012 with no service records, took it to my mechanic for a service. replaced engine oil and filter, air filter and checked all fluids including transfer and differential. I need to replace the cabin filter, anyone got a lead for the PN for the cabin filter for the series 2 Captiva L?
GM part numbers 22753212 & 22753219
AC filters come in two formats. The cheaper one is standard pollen filter. The expensive one is a activated carbon one, which is far superior in clean A/C.
basis your location, suggest AUTODOC – ηλεκτρονικό κατάστημα ανταλλακτικών αυτοκινήτων με πάνω από 2,5 εκατομμύρια ανταλλακτικά

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Good evening.

Today? Mats. Mats in both his and hers. We've - both - recently taken receipt of our Captivas and I find mats are an essential commodity. They begin the journey of making it your own, amongst other things of course. If anyone wants a UK recommendation then feel free to ask!

·
Registered
73 Posts
New set of tyres on, this time I'm trying the GoodYear Efficient Grips - so far they drive nicely and are quiet. Will come back when I see how they wear.

Reactions: Jonty
521 - 540 of 580 Posts