Chevrolet Owners Club banner

561 - 573 of 573 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Hi Will. Effective tomorrow, Monday 30th (March), if a vehicle's MOT is to expire on or after this date then it will be extended for 6 months. Assuming the MOT hadn't lapsed, there should be no need now :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sorry for the delay! The seller "Based in UK" was actually a Chinese drop ship company .

I put the universal cap and with some fiddling they sit properly and I don't think they will come out.

As I have mentioned before. I bought the ones with the holes just in case I wish to upgrade to LED.

I have use a piece of rubber to cover the electrical contacts. I will try to find a round replacement in the near future, but I think is well protected for the time being.
The purists might not like it, but is a good cheap replacement for an overpriced piece of plastic.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Howdy,

Today I've completed my little LED cabin project, which sees the internal lights of my MY2012 replaced with LED units.

Happy? Most definitely! The glovebox is now well-lit, the map lights look modern, the courtesy lamps (middle and rear) are bright but not invasive, step lamps are just step lamps and the vanity mirrors now useful. Yes, it's a personal thing but I prefer the whiter, brighter light over standard.

See here for bulb info:

Stay safe!

Jonty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
replaced the rear parking sensors today. ordered sensors from amazon.co.uk parking sensor , they had only black, also ordered a water proof connector as I suspected the main parking sensors connector as it melted, was siting against the exhaust. connector, turned out to be the sensors. replaced all 3. you can see the video here, just scroll down for the video.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
As the weather been good. Tidied up the external black plastic with a good clean with Isopropanol then a good brushing in with black boot polish before a buffing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought the car with Chinese tires, yesterday replaced all 4 with General Grabber AT3. these look great on the Captiva, surprisingly quite and drive smooth. need to try it off road.
today, replaced the faulty front O2 sensor (bank 1 sensor 1) and installed the front right wheel house liner (well, the garage did it as I was already there)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi, about 3 weeks ago my car developed a slight knock, this got progressively louder over the following days to such an extent that I had to do something about it.After a lot of investigation I decided that it was a big end knock and rather than remove the engine and strip it, after being offered a low mileage engine (68000mls) I decided to change it. Luckily, we weren`t too busy at work so I had the use of the ramp for a few days and managed to get it done in a couple of days or so. Whilst the engine and box were on the floor I decided to open the auto box and replace the internal filter. Alls well now, up and running great. I haven`t had time to strip the original engine yet but when i do I`ll post the findings. Incidentally, I`m not going to rebuild the motor I`m going to sell the parts so if anyone needs anything I`ve got everything except the turbo and DPF. including lots of spare hose, just let me know. Thanks, Howard.

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
DMX, as your parts information covers more than just the Captiva I suggested adding to Main Message Centre as it s non vehicle specific.
To find it go to the horizontal white lines in the back header bar top right. Click on this to open up all listings and scroll down until you find 'Main Message Centre'

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Strad,

I'd be very interested in your feedback - as I've got these tyres in my sights. Our household has recently taken receipt of two Captivas and some of the tyres will need changing in due course.

Jonty.
Hi Jonty, so quick update - now done a couple of thousand miles - grip has been okay across all weather conditions (although no heavy snow to try them in) fuel economy no change compared to the continentals I had before (didn't really expect any). Happy all round with them.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Hi Strad,

Many thanks for the follow-up and the feedback on your Goodyear EfficientGrip tyres. It's very much appreciated. If possible, would you be able to take a snap for cosmetic reasons? It would just be nice - for me - to see what they're like on the rims and the car itself. But only if you can. The feedback is already plenty!

Jonty.

561 - 573 of 573 Posts