Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Orlando LTZ Auto Diesel I have had since Jan 2012 and it has done 13000 miles so far had its first service and new front tyres. Service was carried out at the main dealers at the 10000 recommended, so was so suprised today Thurs 13th 2012 when after being used for a while today including a hospital trip went to start the car again it sort of half started then stopped, so switched off turned key again till all till the lights that should go off went off but starter motor did not work just a loud click, pulled out key and did again still nothing and was thinking call breakdown so locked up car but had a brain storm and opened it on the key fob again put key back into ignition and engine started weird.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The box was in park as this was the first thing I checked and the handbrake on and it was parked on my drive, weird it acted as if the starter motor was not working or jammed did not hear the solanoid, was it not working, but years ago on a petrol Vauxhall Viva 1800 some times would not start at times due to starter stopping over insulation on the comutator, the insulation was slightly proud, I worked for a little time at Lucas Electrical Starter Motor Division Design Drawing Office as a Senior Design Engineer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts