Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

Please could yourecommendwhat's the best Engine Oil forCHEVROLET CAPTIVA 2.0 VCDI LTX 5DR?

many thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
hi,
well i use fully synthetic 5w 40 diesel oil

and its still running after two years!!!!

what do the rest of you use?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello intimidator,

which specific product are you using? i useValvoline, but i m not certainly sure if its the best.

any of you guys, anyrecommendation?

many thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have Castrol Edge 5W40 in mine.

As to whether it's the "best", I really couldn't say - but it meets the spec given in the handbook (ACEA C3).

·
Registered
997 Posts
The only oil I've found that is readily available is, as Gaston says, Castrol Edge 5w40. It's about 28.50 for 4 litres in Costco inc vat. Oil capacity is 6.2 litres.

Iain

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use Castrol Edge 5W-40. Costs a fortune from Halfords!Someone recommended Opie Oils but I haven't tried them myself. My car's done 51000 miles and I've changed the oil and oil filter several times now but I haven't attempted a fuel filter change. Anybody know where it is and how to do it please?
Thnx.

Mark

·
Registered
192 Posts
Castrol Edge 5W-40 for me too, sometimes on offer at Halfords, I usually wait for that before doing my own oil changes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
make sure if you use the castrol edge it is the C3 one, there is a couple of different specs. got mine from Wilko motor spares, edge 5-40w C3 turbo deisel for particulate fillters £38.99 for 4 ltrs. [Ian you can just get the ordinary 5-40 synthetic. typical scott saving money]

·
Registered
997 Posts
I can now, but the stuff I posted about is the C3 stuff, bought in Costco before my DPF was removed.

@ markewilliams, the fuel filter is on the engine bulkhead, just below the expansion tank. You need a special tool to open the fuel filter housing- I got one on ebay- item noI've just ordered one on ebay- item no160751283571.
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">Iain

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
997 Posts
bigiainw said:
I can now, but the stuff I posted about is the C3 stuff, bought in Costco before my DPF was removed.

@ markewilliams, the fuel filter is on the engine bulkhead, just below the expansion tank. You need a special tool to open the fuel filter housing- I got one on ebay- item noI've just ordered one on ebay- item no160751283571.
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">Iain
A wee note for anyone considering this tool- it doesn't fit! The top part works, but the filter body is different- same bits, but in a configuration that won't allow the filter body to fit into the cup. I'm sending mine back for a refund.

Iain

1 - 13 of 13 Posts