Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my LTX 2010 today but there was no Manual to the car hopefully the dealer can find it as I have a couple of questions and maybe somebody on here can help why I wait.
What is the dial on the right side of steering wheel with numbers 12345 beside it.
Also I went to halfords to buy Car Mats (as can with none!!) and they do not have them , but they do for every other type of Chevrolet car??

Manys Thanks Newbie

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ebay's good for car mats, either carpet mats or rubber.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi Newbie,Congrats to hear you have your Captiva now. I have the 'restyled' 2011 model but think switches are same. This knob with 0,1,2,3 I think you will find is the Headlamp levelling switch. On mine the 0 = Front seat occupied; 1 = All seats occupied; 2 = All seats and load in luggage compartment; 3 = Drivers seat occupied and load in the luggage compartment. I dont have a 4 or 5 so if you have there may be slightly different calibration.
I guess the answer is that if you have oncoming drivers flashing you then you need to adjust the headlamp projection distance/up-down position.

Hope this helps.

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all fro your replys they have been most helpful.
Another question when I get in and switch on the ignition sounds like some device is switching on like a aerial going up?

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Going to guess this one - maybe fuel pump priming?! I had this with a petrol Ford. Which variant do you have petrol or diesel?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yep, it's the fuel pump in the tank priming the system.
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
68 Posts
Newbie,

bigiainw said:
Ebay's good for car mats, either carpet mats or rubber.
Just wanted to second this comment ^^
I got a set of tailored carpet mats for mine on ebay - seller's name "cybersparesltd". Decent quality & perfect fit.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Just had a look on this site - going into my saved favourites. They will even add a name/logo to personalise your mats if want. Choice of qualities.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Newbie, I had look on Ebay for Hand book / manual. I found 5 listed from £8.99 to 24.99. If your dealer cant find the handbook then Ebay could be your answer.
Aussie Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts