Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Have recently noticed some bubbling under the laquer on the wheel spokes. There are several spots about 3mm away from the inside edge - looks like rust bubbling up under paint, but these are alloy wheels. It only seems to be on the leadingside of the spoke, but too exactly spaced away from the inside edge to be stone chipping.

Has anyone else had this problem? Dealer has taken pictures and is forwarding to Chevrolet...........

·
Registered
997 Posts
Nope, no corrosion on my 2008 7 spoke LTX wheels other than a wee bit of discolouration onn the centre caps.
Iain

·
Registered
153 Posts
My trade in vehicle had the alloys changed just before selling it. Prior to that the vehicle traded in for my Mazda, a Suzuki Grand Vitara also had to have the alloys changed. I know how to moan long enough and hard enough to get things done. I wonder will I have to do it again. PS can anyone please tell me the easiest war to remove the front badge on the Captiva. To save me a round trip of 100 miles Arnold Clark are sending me the new badge.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Its not worthy of much of a mention in the workshop manual, just noted as being attached by adhesive. I suspect it's just a case of levering it off very carefully from an edge. Don't know if I'd want to take the chance- can they not just send it to a Local AC and have their body shop fit it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bigiainw.
Badge came today by post, heated up old one as stated, old badge came of easily. I then cleaned up left over adhesive and stuck new one in place. I hope all warranty work will be this easy!

evo 370

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chased body department of my dealer re the wheel corrosion claim (see post 23rd March) - he advised that he now could not process the claim due to him being a Vauxhall agent and claims had to be originated by a Chevrolet agent - they have a Vaux/Chevy agent in the group, and I would have to take the vehicle to them in Coventry.

So yesterday I went to Coventry and saw the guy, showed him the wheels, and also mentioned that the drivers seat was showing more wear that expected at 12 months/12000 miles.

TODAY I received a phone cal that Chevrolet had agreed to replace all 4 wheels and recover the drivers seat.....................................!!

How about that?

·
Registered
997 Posts
RESULT!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All,

A nice man from Brandish's in Coventry picked my car up on his way home one evening, and delivered it back the following evening with 4 nice new wheels and a recovered drivers seat sqab.

Can't complain about that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey, I just had my seat done today too! Posted about it in the general Chevrolet section. Out of curiosity, what seat covering do you have?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Speedy.
My seat covering is black leather, and the padded bit that you slide your bum across to get in and out had got misshaped, letting the leather cover go slack and creased. 12000 miles of use.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hiya, ok mine are the half leather and the cloth bit that you sit on had worn, in about three places after 15000km, it's the sort of black and grey checky weave, so different to yours. Intereseting though. While I was in the garage today waiting for mine, I had a look at the new Captiva - the 2.2 diesel. It has a different interior although some bits are the sameand thefront grill is different but the same seats as mine so they're still using that one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts