Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
right, i have had this idea of buying some secondhand wheels and putting some really good off road type tyres on, so i cantake the capty on the beach tolaunch my little boat.( dont worry, the capty doesnt go anywhere near the sea, i push the boat in the sea by hand, and pull it out with a rope!).

so.... the question is.....

what other type of wheels fit the capty?, i know the vauxhall antara fit, but if i can find another type of wheel off an older type 4x4, then the wheels i can maybe find in a scrap yard etc.

then i can paint and smarten the old wheeles up, put them on over summer, and put the originals back on, when its winter!!

any ideas guys?...... oh and i think we have the odd lady on here!!, when i say odd, i dont mean in "that " way!!..

thanks in advance

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was considering the same only for getting a set of winter tyres, for use during the "snowey" season.

Trouble is, I've got confused on wheel sizes, clearance for the brakes, legal implications (ie. having diff wheel size to that of manufacture), etc. etc.....

So I'm interested in what you find out to.

I have seen many, different 4x4 wheels and tyres (off road) on eBay, but havent a clue whether I can safely and legally, and with my mechanical incompetance easily fit them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am sure the only legal lines you need to follow is that the tyres and wheels are the same size on each axle ! Ie both front and both back are same size . Now it will affect your speedo accuracy . Not sure about the 4x4 system tho if it would be damaged with different size wheels front to back

·
Registered
22 Posts
They are a real oddbal size and the only other wheels that will fir straight on are from the Antara or Astra Turbo 2009 onwards.
You need 5x115 with an offset of between 35-45 depending on the width of the wheel.

The Chrysler 300c does require 5x115 wheels but the offset is only 15.

The saturn Vue in the US has the same wheel size so you may be able to import some.

If it's a set of 18's you require, i'm going getting some 20's put on so will have a set to get rid of.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One of the tires that i can recommend is the pro comp tires. Based on experience Pro Comp All Terrain Tires offer everyday reliability on the road, and
peerless performance in adverse conditions.
Edited by: PhilipCruz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts