Chevrolet Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Victor I thought the very same thing but didnt say so in my post above. #5
I think the AA man knocking with a hammer is a bit like the coffee advert a while ago on UK TV. Make lots of hissing and percolator noises with your mouth in the kitchen while putting a spoonful of instant coffee in the cup ! (to our non UK Forum members I apologise that you may not understand the 'funny side' to this joke).
Surya admits he is not 'technical' as far as vehicles are concerned and I think his garage needs to undertake a 'deep scan' capable of diagnosing GM Codes.
Without more detailed information there is little we can do to offer advice.
From recollection Sarya was 'taken for a ride' when he purchased this vehicle in the first place.
Just the latest flibbertijibbet Ed, wonder if he's the guy who went to a fancy dress party dressed as a pair of jumper leads and the doorman said OK, you can come in but just don't start anything.

Had my Covid jab yesterday and they asked me for my mobile number and sent me a text to confirm. I asked them if they were going to plant an RFID tracking chip in my arm with the jab but they said No, don’t worry.

Now I’ve just received a message saying that it will update itself between midnight and 3AM.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Surya, There is virtually no point in Forum Members attempting a guessing game with 'Hints'.
All we can deduce so far from what you've told us is that there is (theoretically) no problem with the 'electrics' , or the 'starter' , or the 'fuel'.
There are three major segments to the function of your vehicle; fuel, air & electrics. Modern vehicles are full of sensors checking virtually every function.
To make headway your mechanic, or someone else suitably qualified, needs to use diagnostic equipment that is capable of reading ALL GM diagnostic codes.
Both we and your Mechanic needs to know diagnostic codes to be able to attempt any suggestions as to where to start looking.
I am literally in a deep s..t as these guys after 10 days gave up. While I cannot not get any possible help to get it fixed, can anyone suggest where I can possibly get my car running in Coventry? (It would need another paid towing or so!!!)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Has anyone tried starting it with Easystart? If it fires up then lack of fuel is your problem.

Has anyone tried starting it with a tow?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone tried starting it with Easystart? If it fires up then lack of fuel is your problem.

Has anyone tried starting it with a tow?
What is east start? I can suggest. It’s automatic transmission and when you say starting it with tow, not sure if it applies to auto transmission!

·
Super Moderator
7,161 Posts
Had my Covid jab yesterday and they asked me for my mobile number and sent me a text to confirm. I asked them if they were going to plant an RFID tracking chip in my arm with the jab but they said No, don’t worry.

Now I’ve just received a message saying that it will update itself between midnight and 3AM.:)

And then you are reincarnated as - Dracula ??

·
Super Moderator
7,161 Posts
Surya said;
" I am literally in a deep s..t as these guys after 10 days gave up. While I cannot not get any possible help to get it fixed, can anyone suggest where I can possibly get my car running in Coventry? "

I dont know what sort of dealership / mechanic your vehicle was taken to by the AA, but at anywhere between £60-£90 per hour I would have expected some basic constructive support.

You can try your local Vauxhall dealer. They should have GM diagnostic equipment capable of reading all GM codes. Might be cheaper to get the engineer to go to to vehicle!

What happened to the PM you sent me about completing your Sign-up & vehicle details. Still missing!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts