Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Aveo 1.2L Petrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Newbie here. 2013 Aveo 1.2L Petrol. Exhaust split in two (between middle and rear) - need both parts (according to one dealer part no. 95387903 (see below))
Called many dealers to no avail. Any ideas where I can find one?

Many Thanks, S
Based in Bedfordshire and Sheffield, UK

·
Registered
446 Posts
We have had this same question a few times before, and as I recall, the design was not released to third party manufacturers, so there are no pattern parts available, and as there are no dealers or reliable suppliers of OEM parts either, coupled with the small number of cars in the UK,you are going to find it quite difficult to locate one.
If it is the pipe that is broken, it may be possible to weld/ fabricate a repair section.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
If I recall correctly the Aveo was the successor to the Kalos with many common parts. Might be worth rechecking online but use the Kalos description.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's a T300 Ed, not a T250, so different engine and totally different exhaust, which does indeed seem to be near impossible to find.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Thanks for Clarification Metro. I had in y mind there were some shared parts but I wasnt sure what.
There was a post quite a while ago (not Aveo) where the Forum Member had an exhaust system fabricated and I was surprised how inexpensive it was.
This could be an option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could you please tell me where you got your exhaust from and how much you paid for it as I’m pulling my hair out trying to get one for my Aveo

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Could you please tell me where you got your exhaust from and how much you paid for it as I’m pulling my hair out trying to get one for my Aveo

Hotpoint, Complete your Sign-Up details with your vehicle year / engine / variant. Without this information answers may be pointless.

How to complete your Sign-Up will be found in the following link :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
2011 CAPTIVA LT VCDI 2.2 D AWD, 2012 AVEO LT VCDI 1.3 D T300 (70KW 95HP LSF) FWD
21 Posts
I wouldn't bother trying to find a ready made exhaust. We solved the issue by getting our local independent tyre/exhaust fitter to make up a stainless steel one. It wasn't too expensive (sorry can't remember how much but it didn't make me choke). There were no third party ones available and seen as Chevrolet have abandoned the UK I should imagine that trying to get one through the former dealerships would be time consuming, stressful & very expensive.

·
Registered
2012 1.2 Aveo Hatch
6 Posts
I wouldn't bother trying to find a ready made exhaust. We solved the issue by getting our local independent tyre/exhaust fitter to make up a stainless steel one. It wasn't too expensive (sorry can't remember how much but it didn't make me choke). There were no third party ones available and seen as Chevrolet have abandoned the UK I should imagine that trying to get one through the former dealerships would be time consuming, stressful & very expensive.
Would you mind sharing the price you paid please? I'm also in the same boat. Phoned all the dealers and the part just isnt available so i think this is the only way to go. Funnily i had the same with a front brake caliper. Parts availability isnt great!

Reactions: Metro1000

·
Registered
2011 CAPTIVA LT VCDI 2.2 D AWD, 2012 AVEO LT VCDI 1.3 D T300 (70KW 95HP LSF) FWD
21 Posts
Sorry, unable to help re the price as it was quite a while ago and I can't remember. Just contact your local tyre & exhaust places, preferably not a big chain as they tend to pick the low hanging fruit; they are fitters not mechanics. Ask if they make up stainless steel exhausts and how much for whatever yours is. It helps if the knackered exhaust is still with (not necessarily on) the car as they then have a template to follow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts