Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im considering changing from the standard size wheel to the next size up! If they fit in the arches, will i get better MPG? Also I read here that "Add this to a car where servicing costs are free for three years" Yet my Matiz isn't 3 years old, it had a 30,000m service having oil & air filter and engine oil, YET cost me £285 !!!!! what's going on here then?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, when you purchased the car new you will have had the opportunity to have purchased a 3yr service plan. Some dealers actually include this in the sale price from time to time. Where did you get your car serviced I woudl have expected more than oil filter, air filter and engine oil - did they also replace spark plugs, ht leads etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Senna

I bought it from a third party trader not main dealers!, I later had it serviced at a franchise dealer who only replaced the oil, oil filter, plugs, airfilter! I realise know that as an independant garage! that is the reason for such high service cost's!

Anyway have a much bigger issue going on at mo! a week monday my car developed symptons as if it has thrown a valve! i.e. stalling, hissing/ticking sound, running as if on 3 cylinders, and management lights on etc! took it to a new franchise dealer FRF Vauxhall, who after 1 week and 2 days havent looked at it because!!! "Chevrolet require to "see" the full service history before they authorise any warranty work!!!" trouble is I can't find the paper work since moving, alot of people are suggesting that they should not need to see the service proof to do warranty work and suggest they may be dragging out because it only has 1 month manufacture warranty left, and normally if a valve throws it usually may take out the valve guides, cylinder head or even piston head! anyway, they! have also suggested I call in trading standards who would issue the 3 R's to them, Repair, Replace or Refund, but i'm thinking of getting it back and plonking an 800cc engine in it so it will deliver better MPG and only cost £35 tax per year! PS I did end up putting higher walled tyres on it but havent had the chance to see how the economy is due to the engine failure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts