Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
The brakes on the captivas are all the same size, so provided you choose your tyres carefully, you can use the 16/17 inch wheels off of an LS or LT. There are winter tyres in the 18" size, but I don't know that they would be worth the extra expense, especially if you are looking for a spare set. There is a really useful rolling radius comparison widget here- http://www.club80-90syncro.co.uk/Syncro_website/TechnicalPages/TRC%20calculator.htmwhich allows you to see which tyre an wheel combo gets closest to your current setup. I would personally go for a set of LT wheels- they crop up from time to time on ebay and then get some decent, but relatively cheap snow tyres and match them up using the calculator as a guide to what size you need. I had a quick look and 17" rims with 215/65/17 winter tyres or 16" rims with 235/65/16 or 225/70/16 come out at almost the same rolling radius, so your speedo reading will not be compromised. Camskill.co.uk are great for tyres, quick delivery and usually have a good reange of snow tyres in stock (they have none at the moment though) Hope that helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.