Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hope you are all well.
I was driving home yesterday and the drivers wiper stopped working. Found that linkage arm broken. Now I'm struggling to get a part for it can anyone help me plz TIA

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Struggling to find. Where have you tried? It took me 20 seconds to find this link, it might be useful :- wper linkage arm for 2012 Orlando - Google Search

Is it just the linkage bearing which has broken or the actual arm? If it is just the linkage try this link :- Fits Chevrolet Orlando Windscreen Wiper Motor Linkage Repair Channel CH x 2 | eBay

Hi mucker. Yeah thanks I seen them but didn't know if they was any good. So thought I would ask first see if anyone has had the same issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry its just the fitting arm is just fine

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Hi mucker. Yeah thanks I seen them but didn't know if they was [were] any good. So thought I would ask first see if anyone has had the same issue.

Hifi, Your original post said you were 'struggling to find'. Your question was not whether anyone else experienced the problem or are the repair clips any good.
So, the answer supplied, answered your question.

The answers you apparently wanted are already on file in the Forum. If you had used the Forum Back Index (Search function) you would have seen that other owners of Orlando (and Captiva etc) have experienced the same issue and the use of repair clips on the failed original link bearing. Example discussion here :- Windscreen Wiper - Not Working

The following web link is from an earlier post and mentions the Dorman Linkage bushing :- Dorman 49449 Windshield Wiper Linkage Bushing, Pack of 2: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike Purchasing the correct variant of bush may well be more reliable than the metal clips.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aussie Ed
Again I thank you for your reply. I did search but I searched for wiper arm linkage. And obvs should of search window wipers instead. And maybe I should of been clearer in what I am asking.
My apologies to anyone who read my post and it greatly offended for not asking for the correct information.🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Hifi, Thank you for your very courteous response.

There is a nucleus of devoted members on the Forum who do their very best to provide answers and guidance.
The Search function is 'electronically' structured to identify 'words' and not necessarily the context, thus it is always worth 'juggling' with the Search words similar to the issue. One mans 'my vehicle wont start' is another mans 'flat battery' hence it helps to think both inside the box and outside the box if you get my meaning.

Because of the cessation of Chevrolet Service Agents in UK/Europe, Chevrolet owners are now almost entirely dependant on using the Internet for parts. There are a few exceptions where certain Vauxhall vehicles have and share 'sister parts' ie Captiva & Antara being a good example. The 'task' is finding out what the shared parts are because they are coded differently between vehicle names even though the part is exactly the same!

I hope you are either able to use the 'metal clips' even as a temporary measure until such time as the appropriate 'nylon' bearing/cap can be located.
The Halfords repair kit ref HFX 698 is stated as being suitable for Vauxhall, so may be suit the Orlando.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi all this is my first useful post I hope. For£2 it's fixed. Tip. If wipers are in the home position the linkage should be above see picture. Hope this helps. Took 10 mins all in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts