Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, no water is coming from my wiper jets, checked the obvious, plenty water in holder, stuck nedle down the jets, took jet cover s off and no water coming through pipeswhen lever is pressed. Anyhelp would be appreciated

·
Registered
997 Posts
When you press for the washer function, can you hear the pump working? Fuse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked my manual and found broken fuse. Replaced with spare and Jets now working. Thanks for your assistance

·
Registered
997 Posts
If only all faults were that easy

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ok, I've got a very similar problem.

No water coming from my REAR wash. The motor is going, can hear it. I though it was simply frozen, but can believe it still is...

Have used pin in the nozzle, etc... but no water coming out.

Any ideas....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just found out why my mirror fell off.......

Have posted on another thread about my Rear wash.

I had thought it frozen, but as posted elsewhere, I thought it strange that it hadnt thawed. Well I know have my worst suspicions realised.

The pipe MUST have worked loose (or wose split), as I have screen wash coming in along the Windscreen, and water in the lense cap of the front reading lights. Also, water (screen wash) has built up behind the internal mirror, which is why the "sticky tab" peeled away.

It has also, now "shorted" the automatic dipping mirror.

Aaaaaargh....

Booked it in the Chevy dealer, who say's it "might" not be a warranty job, they dont believe it to be. Have to fight this one, after all, a pipe coming off the washers in a an inaccessible place (roof lining) cant be put down to wear n' tear.... can it ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the same problem with the front screen washers on my LT. Gone through 2 fuses now!!
Think I need to add a bit more concentrated screenwash to stop the pipes freezing up.

For info, it's a 10A fuse that can be found behind the fuse panel in the drivers footwell.

There is a spare 10A fuse in the fuseboxon the RHS of the engine bay and a handy little gadget for pulling the fuses out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My fuse went this weekend.............This seems to be a common problem :-(
It would have been nice if Chevy had put some spares in the inside fuse box instead of having to dive under the bonnet/hood.

It's still a great car though!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts