Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been noticing occasionally a little worrying groan-like noise manly around 20 - 40 mph in a straight line when I take my foot off the gas and then re-apply, not a wheel bearing whine andno click or knocks on corners, not very loud but it is their. Wonder if there is a bit of a dryinner CV joint prier to wear. Just hope the diff and auto box are OK, seem to be performing alright. Going to have a look and try and track it down maybe nip something expensive in the bud.Anybody had anything similaror any ideascars done about 32,000 miles.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Engine mount or torsion bar (or whatever stops the engine rocking backwards and forwards on power reversals)?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will check that out but the noise is not a one off movement as If the engine rocks forward and back but more of something groaning as it turns like a shaft or bearing [hard to explain]and can go on for afew seconds, thanks for your reply Jegrugby.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Grease the cvj's get the correct grease for it available at your dealer, i'm sure bazza at cresser can supply!

Are you sure it's not swmbo when you say you're going to the pub?
Edited by: Oldroverboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts