Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

well i have just topped up my oil, and i get so cross as you cant just pour the oil in from a container!!

i have to make a funnell to be able to get the oil in, without it going evrywhere!!..

what a bad design, surely they could have modifyed the pipe that come straight over the middle of the filler cap, to bend the opposite way!!..

what happens if you need to top up the oil in a garage, when no funnel is to hand!!..

i have had loads of other cars, but never had a problem before!!!

surely it must pi** the rest of you off too...

or is it just me..... again!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I've never had to top mine up yet, so I have that to look forward to....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................................

i have only had the captiva since april, and i have put a litre in all ready....

is it the way i drive????

·
Registered
997 Posts
Topped mine up a couple of daysafter a service once- it was a wee bit of a pain, but I made a funnel out of a plastic water bottle and that helped a lot.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi,thanks big Al,
my oil useage seems to be ok now, i check it every week, and the oil level seems to stay the same.

still a blinkin stupid place to put the oil filler thou !!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am being a bit naughty -if you don't have to top your oil up between services, have you checked the oil for diesel contamination?

Will now go and hide!!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
"Just taking it the engine is in good nick," auto so no over revving and no chips fitted so at 30,000 mile should be nicely run in and at its prime and definitely not using any more than half the dip stick of oilon 10,000 miles. To get that amount of contamination to take it outside the safety parameters the monitoring system should bring thechange oil lighton because of too many failed re-generations and short runs, that's what it is there for.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks Big Al - you know my comment was a bit of a wind up. It was based on a faint memory of previous discusions where the sump contents was increasing, and the swift check was to drop a spot of oil on a bit of kitchen roll - any diesel would show up as a clear ring around the oil spot.

I will ignore the comment about chips not being fitted!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jed you are quite correct, when my oil change light came on the engine oil was high, if my car had burnt oil I would have just thought that the sensor was faulty. P.S. I have had the CAT and DPF removed today, the car has now been re-mapped to take this into acount, the computer has shown better fuel consumption since I have had this done, however I am positive that the oil put in at the last oil change increased the fuel consumption. As said on an earlier post the garage a dealer in Fife could not tell what oil they used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts