Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just a quick one. Does anyone know the location of the yaw sensor? All my dash on my 58 captiva is lit and diagnostics says it's the yar sensor but I've no idea where it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
6,445 Posts
Softy, Inclination Yaw sensor. I've found conflicting positions stated. One says it is up under the dash on drivers side and the other says under the seat.
That is all I can find as a description so far. I'll try and refine this further.

Just a useful note. The UK tendency to refer to vehicles by registration code (ie your 58) means nothing to our world wide Forum members. Always better to state year of manufacture because that is universally recognised.

·
Super Moderator
6,445 Posts
Softy, Its no problem for us UK users but some of our overseas members think we are referring to 1958 !!
Might be worth adjusting this in your Signature data.
Sorry to say I cant locate a schematic for the Yaw sensor so no further forward at the moment.
Someone will doubtless come to our rescue.

Reactions: gcmarcal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK. I have found it. In my UK 2008 captiva it is located under the centre console cup holders next to the handbrake. To get to it remove the little pop out under the gear stick.

Then gently lift the back end of the console with a screwdriver in the two little holes and it clips out.

Wiggle the centre console out-of the way and then you can get to remove the yaw rate sensor. Two bolts (10mm socket) and unclip the wires/plug.
That's it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,445 Posts
Good Man. We are all enlightened now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts